cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use DirAPI to auto activate ID transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I recently comppleted DirAPI development to make mass changes to PI CC. Now the next step I would like to work on is:

Problem Statement: When we have more than one ID transport consisting of common Business System, Change Control team has to work with us to activate first transport before the next transport can be imported. This is becoming very cumbersome i.e if we have multiple transports more than one team is involved in importing and activating the cts+ transports.

I had read somewhere that we can use directory api toll to auto populate the communication channels and activate them automatically so that the next transport can be brought in without PI team intervention.

Please advice..on how this can be achieved.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any pointers anyone?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky - How about below process?

• Updating the channels which are in the change list
    • The channels will be in under change list of "nwds_ctsadm(cts user). So using the below utility update the channels with valid details.
      • - I'm sure you already aware of this.

(you might have to use the same user in your excel so that you can avoid the "change list transfer activity)

• Activating the change list
    • As you might have noticed in the blog by William LI, you can activate the change list using directory API
      • So activate the change list
        • ChangeListServiceVi/ChangeListIn service should work for you i believe..

As you can merge the above two things into a single application (your excel utility), handover it to Basis team to execute this task after the transport has been imported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks this forms a good starting point.

But looks like manual intervention cannot be avoided (from BASIS team or Change Control).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIcky,

Auto-activation can be set up generally by setting parameter

com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.ctstransport.autoActivation.default

in the AII Config Service when you use CTS for transports. Please refer to SAP Note 1345425 for further details.

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harald, However i am already aware of this parameter. The challenge is with new objects that go into next environment for the first time. The values in communication channels needs to be manually keyed it.

Can this process be automated...so that we update the values in excel and the when the cts+ imports the transports it reads the value from the excel and auto activates the transport.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I understand your issue. However I am not sure if this is possible. Would have to investigate as well.

Best Regards

Harald