cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: How to route a request if any error exists at the time of provisioning???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May anybody let me know how I can route a request if it faces any error at the time of provisioning?

For example, a requester may select a user from LDAP search and raise a request while that user is already available in the SAP system.

May I know how I can control this and address such type of scenarios?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to create another request (request type:New) for the existing user in SAP system. System did not

object and did not give me any error!

In the back end system I noticed for this user, everything remain the same except it added the role I

selected while creating the request. I dont see any difference between "new" and "change"

request type in this way

can anybody plese tell me how I can control this?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please go through the below link hope you will find a solution.

Regards,

Neeraj Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I think there is no restriction for your scenario. In provisioning settings you can control the opposite scenario. In a change request if user does not exist, there is an option for create user or not.

Kind regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

Thanks for your reply.

The purpose of the thread you shared is different, I believe. What I want is, let suppose I am trying to raise a request in ARQ for a user who is already available in the target system.

System should prompt and ask to take necessary actions or terminate the workflow.

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member204204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Faisal,

You have to make the changes in the provisioning settings. Also check the parameter 2051 is set to yes.

The thread which i have asked you to refer has the details

Regards,

Neeraj Agarwal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I had maintained "Assign Object" as action for both "New Account" and "Change Account" types of request. I had not made use of "Create User" or "Change User" actions.

Now I changed this configurations and when I try to submit a request of "New Account" type, system does not allow.

I was looking for this and now I think I should maintain this settings.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)