Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver connection to HANA SLES VM

jakobweimer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have two virutal machines, one with Netweaver 7.41  and the other one with HANA 1.00.70.00.386119 on it. Both are running on SLES 11 SP3.

Last friday I tried to restart the Netweaver system, but it didn´t stop correctly.

After killing all processes manually with "kill -2 pid" and rebooting the vm, netweaver didn´t start anymore.

The command startsap gave the following response:

"Database db must be started first

Log on to remote server and start database"

HANA is still working, the connection to the HANA Studio on my notebook works fine

and also R3trans and hdbsql Connection on the Netweaver VM are working.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Jakob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please paste trans.log, dev_disp and dev_w0 logs from Netweaver server.

Thanks,

Sunny

jakobweimer
Explorer
0 Kudos

trans.log

Message was edited by: Andy Silvey

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks like message server has some problem. Could you please also paste dev_ms logs?

Thanks,

Sunny

jakobweimer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your support.

Message was edited by: Andy Silvey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you restart system again and provide up-to-date log files (preferably as attachments)?

jakobweimer
Explorer
0 Kudos

And the last one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check why SAPDBHOST in profile are not set. What is host name where SAP HANA instance was installed?

jakobweimer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hana is running on SAP1I01HDB01.

I checked this file "/usr/sap/LNX/SYS/profile/LNX_DVEBMGS00_SAP1I01LNX01", it's completely empty. Am I right, that this file should be filled with informations about the DB-host?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. But if you does not changed profile before and all worked fine not sure you need to do that. Also check environment settings (or scripts) why you have DB_SID=db. I have very little knowledge of SAP HANA administration but not sure that this is correct SID. And (again) double check that SAP HANA instance is up and running.

jakobweimer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the problem was the empty "LNX_DVEBMGS00_SAP1I01LNX01" file.

I think that´s caused by the shutdownproblem I had last week, but luckily we found a backupfile to restore it.

Thank you very much for your support

Best regards,

Jakob

Answers (0)