cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple MRP Controller through CJ20N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If an MRP Controller is defined in the project builder via the network (CJ20N) then that value will be copied to a PR if no material is entered in the PR (i.e. you use material group with a text description)

It is inconvient that the MRP Controller code cannot be changed anymore in ME52N, which is the standard transaction we will use to modify the PR once it was transferred by CJ20N to ECC.

Any solution for that if you have any, is more than welcome.

However I came across a much bigger issue:

I have multiple MRP Controllers, which will practically be responsible for a single project which is defined in CJ20N.  So for different projects, I have different MRP Controllers. 

As such, I want to define a different MRP Controller per project, which I maintain in CJ20N. That MRP Controller code must be populated on any PR created via the project builder in case no material is available. 

Currently I found that I could only define 1 MRP Controller in the project builder, and only that specific MRP Controller will be coming on my purchase requisition. 

The impact is that most PRs created via Project Builder would be assigned to a wrong MRP Controller, and moreover I cannot change the MRP Controller anymore afterwards in ME52N.

Do any of you know how I could maintain multiple MRP Controllers in the Project Builder so that I can freely define the MRP Controller per project? 

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have an option to define as many MRP Controllers as Possible per Plant

for example, if your plant is IT10  and MRP controllers 100, 120 , 130 and so on can be assigned in the configuration

you can add this configuration in OMD0, when ever you are entering Plant in CJ20N, you will get option to select MRP Controllers

hope it is clear

thanks

santosh