cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of release interval without new document version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Is it possible to establish an end date for the release interval without having a new document version?

We have a document that has been released and we want to indicate an end date but we don’t have ( and never will ) a new version of the document.

Thanks in advance.

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Has the document been released? The document can be released with a defined release interval. Based on what I understand, the document simply expires after this end date without a new version, right?

If the document is released and release interval  shows "not released", then try adjusting the "release attribute" in customizing setting below:

SPRO > IMG > CA comp. > DMS > Control Data > Define Document Types > Select the Doc Type in question and go to Define Document Status.

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

The document has been released, but it just has a Valid from date without an end date. How can I set one?? The only way I find to do so is creating a new version of the document.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura

The end date by default is 31.12.9999. i am checking if there is a way we can circumvent it. did you try creating a change number (in CC01) and assigning to the object in CV02N? The change number can have a defined interval for the validity of the object.

If we dont use change number, i notice that SAP auto-expires the old version the moment we create a new version (refer below pic from environment->versions):

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

I do use change number for my documents, but as I've told you, the only date that I have is the Valid From date. The end date is ... :

Regards.

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Correct me if i understood wrong?

You don't see any value populated in "Valid To" field in your system? As per the logic this value has to populated all ways with "31.12.9999" for all the Released status documents.

If it is blank in your system, try to implement SAP Note :- 481878.

If the value is populated but you want to modify it, then you can try to implement an Implicit Enhancement in function module "CV115_DOCUMENT_VALID_DATES", there is an Implicit Enhancement available before the ENDFUNCTION statement. Impliment and modify the dates in "DATES" table.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna