cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Category not showing in WEB GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

the alert was create inside the PI-PRD server, then while looking for the alert in WEB version:

see photo below,

how can i resolve this problem?

Thank you.

we're using SAP PI 7.1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Have you done the proper transport, etc?

Follow this guide and you shouldn't forget any step:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can,

we only have 2 servers (DEV and PRD) we're still testing it in DEV. do we still need to transport it somewhere? thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in the ALRTCATDEFscreen you have the Transport Tag on the top of the window. Then you can move it to PRD.

Can you see in DEV environment the RTW alert?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't see it in DEV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For transporting alert categories/rules u can check this

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/03/10/pixi-transporting-alerts--quick-t...

BTW, under alert config u will find a tab to update/refresh alert category which u have created on ABAP stack, so did u tried refreshing the same?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald - Another check - in the exchange profile you should find some parameters with

com.sap.aii.rwb.*.centralmonitoring.r3 *

Please make sure it is pointing to your PI system and the client #

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

where can i access this? thank you.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://<host:port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/com.sap.xi.exprofui/XIProfileApp

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's already pointed to 001. we have 2 clients 101 and 001. should the setting for the alerts be done in 001? thanks!

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald - But i see in your screenshot, you are creating the alert category in 101 client.

So either change this profile parameter pointer to 101 client or

create alert category in 001 client.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald - Incase you decided to adjust the profile parameter, please delete the RFC destination "CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts" from sm59 after changing the parameter.

It will get created automatically with the updated details..

Former Member
0 Kudos

i already added the config in 001. still nothing's happening.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you mean you still can not see the alert categories in "runtime workbench"  after creating them in 001 client?

Also as i said, delete the RFC destination "CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts" and try resending a failed message(generate an alert) so that it'll get created automatically..

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is working already. ill close this thread. my other thread is still open since it won't work when i get a red flag. thank you.

Answers (0)