cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Efficient Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am interested to know that for example if we are asked to transfer data in below scenarios which adapters are most efficient and why.

ECC to Third Party system

Third Party to Third Party system

Third Party to ECC system

Say you have the choice to choose which Third Party system you would recommend to the client for most efficient data transfer and why would that be? From all the standard SAP adapters like File or SFTP or SOAP or JMS or JDBC. I do understand that business need would come up as the first criteria but if are solely responsible for suggesting the client which is the best option. Transfer data from DB using JDBC or simple File transfer or SFTP or via web using SOAP adapater. Also do mention your reason for such suggestion.

Regards,

Shaibayan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your third party system ,what protocol it supports .

Some only supports FTP if they have file server installed in there machine .If the third party system is outside your BLAN then you need to make sure ports open b/w your machine and third machine to communicate .We do have FTP/SFTP/FTPS flavors in file transfer .

If they want to insert into there db then you can propose for JDBC/SOAP.

If they want to communicate from web then propose HTTP/HTTPS

If they have JMS queues/Topics go with JMS

When comes to SAP ECC it supports IDoc/RFC/Proxy

give 1st preference to Proxy for async scenarios,if you have standard IDoc then go with IDoc.If you have huge payload go with proxy.

//ly for synchronous scenarios go with proxy first,if insisted for rfc then go with that.

Frankly speakings many factors will impact on coming to conclusion .Discussions with end systems/business req narrow down the options.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I understand those points. Currently the entire process is carried out manually in pen and paper mode say for Invoice and Orders. They want to automate it. Hence I need to know what can be the best solution to this problem. Considering ecc to 3rd party if I take IDoc(since Invoice and Orders has standard IDoc)/Proxy(huge data) as sender with kind of huge payload which of File,SFTP,SOAP,JDBC can handle the data efficiently and which system will be able to process the data fast.

Regards,

Shaibayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File/SFTP/FTPS depends on to what level your client/third party expects the security.As security level increases speed comparatively decreases.

//ly If you want to insert/records directly into d/b go with JDBC.

If you want a layer on top of d/b or if you want to communicate to a java system which uses web services go with soap.

As i said above every thing depends on your requirement and feasibility of end systems .More discussions with end systems/business narrow down the options .

Regards

Venkat

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My comments:

ECC to Third Party system: use SFTP or FTPS as they are secured and we need to maintain security of messages while transmitting.

Third Party to Third Party system: SFTP or FTPS

Third Party to ECC system: for ECC system it depends as per the requirement. It can be either IDOC or XI/SOAP or RFC adapters. The best judgement can be given by the functional guys based on the standard options available at ECC end.

Besides these for third party systems we must know if they are capable of webservice calls in that case we can go for SOAP or JDBC incase of databases.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Anand