cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to open CAD files - SAP Visual Enterprise Generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have got a requirement where they should be able to open CAD files in SAP (i.e SAP ECC6.0 EHP6).

Can this is acheived with SAP Visual Enterprise Generator ?

If yes, kindly suggest if it comes as an ABAP Add-on that can be deployed or a Business Function which can be activated to enable this functionality ?

Many Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,
Srikanth G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth G,

I see you have created an incident for this.  Well in short the answer for this is yes but as per the incident their is quiet a bit of configuration required.  A good place to start is Manufacturing Data Visualization| Rapid Deployment Software | SAP their is a number on their that you can ring.  Also if you can view the installation and administration guide for SAP Visual Enterprise Generator then i would. It contains tons of information on functional requirements and setup and configuration.

The guide can be viewed from https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/instguides and then navigate to SAP Business Suite => SAP 3D Visual Enterprise => SAP Visual Enterprise Generator 7.1.

hope this information helps.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

Thanks for the quick response..

As per the Installation Guide we understand that SAP VEG is another standalone component that has to be installed(correct me if am wrong) in another WIN machine. But we are actually looking out for something like the below where in one of our IDES system we are able to view CAD files stored in DMS in a SAP Transaction (cv04n):

In SPRO we could see some options for VEG in our IDES system.

We need the same in our actual project ECC system

The above can be achieved only after SAP VEG 7.1 installation only ? Or is it something which is already a part of ECC6.0 EHP6 that needs to be activated?

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I have forwarded your incident to the RDS team, they will be able to provide you with indepth information.  Yes VEG is installed on a windows machine and used to convert cad models and store them back in the DMS as lightweight models you can then view them in your ECC system, models can also be viewed in the side panel in NWBC.  Best to talk to the RDS team about this to confirm all the steps to set it up, you will also need to install SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer.

Kind Regards

fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

Thanks for the info..

Could you please let us know if any additional license has to be procureed to implement SAP VEG ?

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

SAP Visual Enterprise Generator does require a license which is usually procured via https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/licensekey under your ERP installation.  The team at RDS will be able to provide more information as i dont work in the licensing area.  Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

Any help for me from RDS team ?

Thanks !!

Regards,

Srikanth G

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I have sent an internal mail to a colleague, hope to have response for you soon.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could someone please assist me on the above request ?

Regards,

Srikanth G