cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer or Modeller perspective - What do I use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

From all the videos I had studied, I was using the modeller perspective to create my hana models.

Now from some reading around I come to know that people have now stared using the developer perspective.

Can you please shed some light on why there had to be 2 of these..? I mean it is confusing me a lot..

I mean how is the development done different on each.. and what was the need for 2 separate ones? ..and which one should I use now?

Learning hana is becoming challenging for the wrong reasons..

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. Just 1 more question..

If the dev perspective is so good. why are the hana academy videos still using the modeler perspective?

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammy,

Soon you will see that everyone could be switching to Development perspective. Its hard to mention any timeline but you will come to know with time.

So its better to adapt as early as possible.

Regards

Raj

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We use Development perspective because it gives a flexibility of version management and also can be used with "Change Manager" from SP7. ( Which released few weeks back )

Also this perspective, came from SP5.

May be the video, you are watching are falling into the timeline before that. And hence you see them using Modeller perspective.

And at the end, What we suggested is a recommendation

Regards,

Krishna tangudu

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My piece of advice: Start using SAP HANA Development perspective.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammy,

Have a look on this excellent blog from John Appleby.

He did mention about this question in his blog:

Don't use the SAP HANA Modeler Perspective

HANA has 3 developer perspectives, the SAP HANA Systems View, Modeler, and Developer Perspective. Take the time to read the developer guide and setup the Developer perspective. This will bring you the ability to put all your development artifacts including tables, information views, stored procedures, plus OData and HTML artifacts if you need them. You get change management, version management, the ability to test inactive objects, code completion and a bunch of other things.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu