cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in ECC for Proxy To HTTP_AAE synchronous scenario INTERNAL.CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED: Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 402, error text: ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have ABAP proxy to HTTP_AAE synchronous scenario in SAP PI dual stack 7.4. Everything is working fine, I am receiving the correct response in PI(SXMB_MONI) from bank(third party), however in ECC it is getting timed out after around 2 minutes and giving the below error.

Error in ECC for Proxy To HTTP_AAE synchronous scenario INTERNAL.CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED: Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 402, error text: ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT)

We have not yet written the ABAP program to trigger the proxy, I am just testing the proxy from "Test Service consumer Tab" . I read the below thread for same error where people have suggested to increase the time in ECC in SMICM or in SXMB_ADM for HTTP_TIMEOUT.

However, I would like to understand why a simple scenario requires more than 2 minutes to just update the data from PI to ECC. In my case I have checked from bank I am getting the response within 20 sec only, But to update in ECC 2 minutes is also not enough.

Please suggest the best approach/solution to deal with this, also let me know if this is happening due to my mistake anywhere.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan -

In my case I have checked from bank I am getting the response within 20 sec only, But to update in ECC 2 minutes is also not enough.

Your web service might take only 20sec to trigger the response message but may be your PI mapping(request/response) is taking longer execution time? so analyze the trace and see which pipeline step is consuming longer duration.

you can get the message start and end timings/ processing time for each pipeline step in SXMB_MONI..

Also check what is the time out configured in the ECC profile.

However having 7.4 in place, may i know the reason for going with classical configuration rather than Integrated Configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Regarding using ICO, As this is the new system we initially faced few issue with doing the AAE proxy configuration issue, but going forward we will move to ICO, but still we need the classical for few interfaces.

regarding error I have checked the trace in PI Pipeline process, they are not taking much time, Moreover, even though the test process is running in ECC, but when i go in PI SXMB_Moni its just updating all the pipeline process in 5 seconds .I believe this issue is related to something else.

In PI ABAP Stack RFC destination "INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI" is erring out with "404 Forbidden" Do you think its something to do this?

I want to understand how the data gets updated in ECC from PI once the response comes back at run-time. which is the component which makes this update the in ECC from PI.

Thanks,

Farhan

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan - INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI is used for cache update. This RFC connection test should work.

Make sure that you have configured the parameters correctly.

Creating Destinations on the ABAP Server - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - SAP ....

If the configuration looks fine to you - then go to SXI_CACHE -> press F7 which should tell you what is wrong with the configuration.

However what is the message status in PI moni after you get the response from bank web service? is it getting failed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

After my investigation, I believe this is error is due to the change in password of few system/service user, which has not been maintained at all places after changing the password according to the SAP note 999962. I will ask my basis team to correct it.

The message status in MONI is "Log version" , but response from bank has been reached successfully in PI.

As you said to check in SXI_cache-> F7, status is green, but password for the user has been locked.

I will come back after implementing the note, and will close the thread, if it works.

Thanks,

Farhan

Answers (0)