cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop in the universe and using all objects from the tables forming the loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a universe with 45 tables. While integrity check it showed 16 loops between the same tables joining different fields. The loop formed is between 5 tables.

1. Session

2. Sample

3. Result

4. Stream

5. Tqs Result

To solve this loop I made an alias of Stream and joined it to Tqs result which solved the loop. But when I create a webi report which uses objects from all 5 tables it shows wrong results. Like I used Session Number from table session, sample number from table sample, Result from table result, Name from table stream, Tqs from table Tqs Result in one webi report, the first 4 columns show correct result then when i pull tqs from last table in the report it shows double results. I understand there is no join between Stream and Tqs result since i created an alias of Stream as Stream2 but even if I pull the Name object from stream2, Tqs gives correct data but Result returns double results. How do I solve this using alias or any other way. I am not much keen in using context but if something could be done using alias or some other way in webi. Please help.

Thanks,

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried creating Derived Table for these 5 tables ?

for your requirement context is one solution (you need to identify fact table & their joins to create context ).

But since don't want to use it try creating derived table (if you have ).

What is impact of that (Performance & result wise) ?