cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SAP ECC server node not showing in SAPMMC. (sapstartsrv.exe showing error)

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have been using this SAP ECC 6 server (installed on Windows Server 2003) for the last 2 years without any problems. Today suddenly , while I was about to start my ECC server in the SAP Management Console , the BSOD (Blue screen of death) came and the system got restarted. After restarting , when i opened the SAP Management Console , the node for the ECC 6 server itself was gone.

Additionally now upon booting of the OS , i get a popup message from windows , saying one or more services failed to start.I checked the Event viewer of the OS and found that the service of SAPEC6 had failed to start because of timeout. I manually tried to start the service in Control panel as well as from sapstartsrv.exe file , in both cases i get error "Process can't be initialized" .

Is there any way I can solve this issue or the only way is to install the OS / SAP again

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber

In your system  (drive letter)\usr\sap\sid\devmsgxx\exe\ find the SAPStartsrv.exe.new & SAPStartsrv.exe

1. rename the file name from SAPStartsrv.exe to SAPStartsrv.exe.old and

2 rename the file name from SAPStartsrv.exe.new to SAPStartsrv.exe

Check the SAP service status

Before doing this make sure that your Windows OS issues are resoled

BR

SS

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried as you said. I renamed the SAPStartsrv.exe.new to SAPStartsrv (after taking backup of original exe file) and when i execute i get the following screen. I guess you want to me install the service (as i get the below screen) . Can you just help me out to find out the details like NR , Startprofile etc from the existing service which was working fine since all these days. I mean , some log or some file where i can find the below info been used by the existing service (when it was in working condition).

PS: Actually I am not a basis person , so I maybe asking a bit silly questions , but if you can guide me a bit , i think i should be able to do it.

Thanks a lot

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber

After renaming the file. follow the steps, What you are paste the screen shot don't do any thing

1. you can go to - Start-run type the command "services.msc" start the SAP service,

2. If the SAP service started then you use the SAP MMC

3. Start the SAP system from SAP MMC

Regards

Sriram

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garg,

SID means = system id ( \usr\sap\<SID> , which is 3 letters)

NR means = instance no ( I think 24 )

start profile - click browse button ( START_DVEBMGSXX_<HOSTNAME>)

user name = .\sapserviceSID

password of the above user.

or you can use the below command to start sap

STARTSAP name=<SID> nr=<SYSNR> SAPDIAHOST=<host>

Thanks

Siva

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot Siva for your useful info and Thanx a ton Sriram . It worked like a wonder

As u said i just went to run-> services.msc   and the in the MNC the ECC node was back and server was up and running.

Just a clarification . Now since i have renamed the exe file as you suggested , do i need to revert it back to the old names. (Suppose the same problem occurs later , i wont have the sapstartsrv.exe.new now since i have renamed it)

Thanks a ton guys , you people really made my work with the easiest way when i had lost hope completely.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber

Its not require to do any thing. if possible do full restart the system once check the service starting automatic or not?

Regards

Sriram

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Yes after restarting , its working fine perfectly as before. Also i observered that upon restarting , the sapstartsrv.exe.new is created automatically so need to take backup of that seperately.

Once again thanks a lot

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi S Sriram,even i have the same problem and i have tried it which u have suggested.bt it does't work and one more thing when i go to eventvwr the error msg is this

"The SAPECC_00 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s)."

thank you

Nazneen

0 Kudos

Thank you @S Sriram sir 🙏

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi amber,

Check system32 dir for sapstartsrv entry and compare the version with ur kernel

Former Member
0 Kudos

c:\windows\system32\sapstartsrv.exe does only act as typelibrary for the DCOM service of sapstartsrv.exe.

It has NO influence when a sapstartsrv.exe based service does not start and it's version does not matter .

regards

Peter

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

There should be entries in the event viewer stating the reasons with the error code as to why the service failed to start.

Also check for any errors with the disk where the SAP kernel files are located.

Regards

RB

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all the people for their replies and suggestions. To describe more about the error , i have uplaoded the screenshot here for the EVENTVIEWER. It shows 2 errors as shown below

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you follow my steps.?

Execute below command and me output this command

after executing above command check work process logs at os level .

Thanks

Siva

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Uninstall and re-install the service.

82751 - Problems with SAP Services & SAP Service Manager

Regards

RB

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garg,

What is the database ?

Try to check below options.

1. r3trans -d ( from sidadm user )

check output

provide output

2. Start sap services from services.

provide error, check event viewer

3. execute below command from sidadm user

or

change directory to your kernel directory i.e \usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386 or

\usr\sap\SID\sys\exe\run

where SID = your sap system id

nr = instance number

SAPDIAHOST = host name of your sap server

check work process logs at OS Level

above options not working ,try below option.

Try to install central instance with SAPINST , don't install completely  just start (up to instillation option selection )and try start again SAP. ( because some time will corrupt files in windows registry)

Thanks

Siva