cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

letter case in SAP import manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a strange issue with SAP import manager. we have the value 'n' for a field in XML file. when we tried to open the XML file through import manager, in map/value fields tab, the value is showing up as 'N' for that field where as it is correctly showing up as 'n' for that field in source preview tab. In the XML file, we have the values 'o', 'e', 'n' for that field. The remaining letters are showing up correctly in map/value fields tab and we are facing issue with letter 'n'.

Could you please assist on this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

This could be because of conversions in Map.Please check the value conversion filter for that field,it seems a Replace is set for it or Multiple operator could be present.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. The value i am seeing under 'value' column in 'map/values' tab is itself is 'N' i.e, it is present as 'N' in both the 'value' and 'converted value' columns and there is no value conversion filters present. Where as it is present as correctly as 'n' in the source preview tab, which is same as that present in my source XML file.

Regards,

Pradeep.

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

kindly share the screen shot, it will be helpful for us to troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Just a check, can you please check the Default Case Sensitivity under Cofiguration options??

Regards,

Girish

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Can you check whether any value converstion filter (Replace) is set for that particulat field where you are getting this error. if so just choose none for value converstion to source field,save map updates and reload the xml file.

for eg: by using replace command the values can be changed.

Thank you

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply, The value i am seeing under 'value' column in map/values tab itself is 'N' i.e, both the value and converted value are 'N' in map/values tab. where as it is correctly showing up as 'n' in source preview tab, which is same as that present in my source XML file.

Regards,

Pradeep.

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If in the source preview itself you see 'N', there is something you should check from the XML file or in the system which sends the file. This has nothing to do with Import Manager. Please check the source properly. Open the XML file and check the value first.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

In source preview tab, the value is displaying correctly as 'n' where as in map/values tab, it is displaying as 'N'. And in my source XML file, it is present as 'n' only.

Regards,

Pradeep.