cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori with embedded Newtweaver Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to implement SAP Fiori for a 3-tier landscape (ERP 6.0) that does not have a standalone Netweaver Gateway.

From the documentation available I see that it is possible to use also Netweaver Gateway embedded in the bakend system. I am thinking of installing the NW Gateway components on all 3 systems. But as the Fiori installation guide is based on the central hub deployment, I have some questions on the installation method. Maybe someone who already had experience with such install can provide me some clarifications.

1. What are the necessary components for the installation of the NW Gateway on the backend?

When checking the note 1569624 - Installation/Delta Upgrade of SAP NW Gateway 2.0 I see that the following components are required for SAP NW GW installation: GW_CORE 200, IW_FND 250, IW_CBS 200, IW_CNT 200, IW_BEP 200, IW_SCS 200. But are all really necessary? Because if checking the Fiori install guide I see only information about IW_CORE, IW_FND, IW_BEP and IW_PGW. Are these 4 sufficient?

2. In the embedded installation should the user interface add-ons be installed on the backend?

3. What about the Fiori components? I know the UISRA* should be installed on the gateway and the SRA* on backend. In the embedded case both UISRA* and SRA* should be installed on the backend (also acting as NW gateway) ?

Best regards,

Dalmy

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

UISRA* packages are obsoleted. Please use new one.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

What is your netweaver version ? If you want to have embedded architecture

If it is 7-7.31 : You need to install iw_fnd, iw_bep and gw_core in your backend system (Where you plan your gateway as well.)  IW_pGW is also required.

IF it is >7.4  : Then you should install GW_FND component in your backend, which is replacement for IWBEP,IWFND and GW_CORE.

2. In the embedded installation should the user interface add-ons be installed on the backend?  YES

3. What about the Fiori components? I know the UISRA* should be installed on the gateway and the SRA* on backend. In the embedded case both UISRA* and SRA* should be installed on the backend (also acting as NW gateway) ? YES

Regards,

Tejas

Message was edited by: Tejas Chouhan