cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why no ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do some customer landscapes do not have a ECC at all?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply.

If my ERP is from SAP, I observed that in some customer landscapes , i see that there are many ECCs . How can we explain this..because ECC is the central component(SAP)..why many? and is it possible that there is no ECC at all in a SAP ERP landscape..Hope i am right with my question.

Thanks!

uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Udaya,

SAP  ERP is a  software product that helps you to manage all the resources of an organization.

SAP ERP consists of several modules, including utilities for marketing and sales, field service, product design and development, production and inventory control, human resources, finance and accounting. SAP ERP collects and combines data from the separate modules to provide the company or organization with enterprise resource planning.

It has modules. A client who wants to implement SAP in their company will select the modules required for their business.

Solutions provided are: 

Financials

Human Resources

Customer Relationship Management

Supplier Relationship Management

Product Lifecycle Management

Supply Chain Management

Business Intelligence 

Major module usually implemented are: 

1. FICO - Finance and Control

2. MM - Materials Management

3. SD - Sales and Distribution

4. QM - Quality Management

5. HCM - Human Capital Management

6. PP - Production Planning

7. WM - Warehouse Mangement

There are also industry specific modules like

IS - Mill - (industry solution for mills)

IS - Oil - (industry solution for petroleum related companies)

IS - Auto - (industry solution for Automobile Industries)

IS - Retail - (industry solution for retail organization)

See information about different solutions  Overview | ERP Software | Business Process | Solutions | SAP

So basically customers/clients may install one or more ERP systems depending upon the need for their business.

Many big customers who has complex environment and many users install ERP systems for different solutions.

Hope you got an idea on this.

Regards,

Archana

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udaya,

I already explained why there cannot be any ECC system in customer landscape in my previous response.

Coming back to your question on having multiple ECC systems:

Some customer have huge number of user base and huge number of transactions ( users > 40,000 )

For a single ECC system it may not be feasible to handle such huge number transactions generated from such large user base.Also sizing of such big systems would be very costly.

So customer distribute their landscape with respect to ECC modules for eg: one system for logistics , another system for HR and another for HR..

By doing this they distribute the user load and transactions and have optimal hardware sizing done for such landscape.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please elaborate.I am new to basis and I am finding it difficult to understand why ECC is the 'central component' and why not mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help me with some links. Thanks.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udaya,

Some customers who have other ERP products like Oracle or Tally may not have SAP ECC.

They can have some solutions from SAP like BI for business reporting and decision making or some other solutions based on business requirement,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi It is depend on the SAP application usage it’s not mandatory to keep the ECC system