cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because size of universe has big influence on performance in RichClient I'd like to take closer look in it.

Universe1:

174 classes

3223 objects

0 conditions

74 tables

142 alias

219 joins

Universe:

29 classes

512 objects

0 conditions

26 tables

13 alias

15 joins

The first one has size 3MB, the second one has 16MB.

Do you know why there is so big diffrence between them?

Even the first one has more objects it has only 3MB.

My BO environment:

- SAP BO 4.0 SP5 FP11

- Universe Design Tool

- MS SQL 2008 64bit

- ODBC: SQL Server Native Client 10

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be LOVs are responsible for Increased space .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked and yes everywhere I have option: Associate  a List of Value checked but this situation happen in both universes - each of them has Associate  a List of Value checked in everru object. Of course I can go through every object and unchecked but I don't know if it help

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I thing I know why the diffrence in size is so big.

Thi universe is based on another which was quit big and I built this universe by deleting some classes and in my opionion this size comes from bigger one.

I created new one and copy all objects/tables from olda one and saved it and the result was only 2MB

But the problem is - I con't know how can I copy context?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please clarify it

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rad,

You can NOT copy context from one Universe to another Universe.  There is NO way to export existing context and then re-import context into another Universe, this has to be done manually every time.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rad,

There was a parameter created in XIr3.1 for Universe Design Tool to reduce the size of the universe and clean objects up.

Hidden files are not cleaned up after deleting them.  Essentially there remains a history of the objects.

This was also introduced in BI4.0 and 4.1 for the Universe Design Tool

Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

Thats great. Is there any document for all parameters we can add(IDT and Designer) and their possible values with all details. Can you share the link.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jacqueline

it's working!

My universe now has 5 MB (before 16 MB)

Thank you for help

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

content removed. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline.

Finally I impelented your solution in production environment,and.... indeed the universe size is decresed (almost threefold) but another problem happened

After use you magic parameter every report which was based on this universe starts get me error:

"An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)"

When I want to use this universe in RichClient, I get information: No business layer sent back from server

I created new connection in UDT, create new ODBC but still this problem exists.

So I have to back to old version of universe to avoid this problem. Do you know how can I solve it?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

have you faced the same problem?

Regards

former_member195446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rad,

Did u resolve the below error?:

An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not.

I will open incident in SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rad,

I had the same result.  Now there is an error in webi report.  The only course of action we can take is to open an incident with us and submit a fix request for BI 4.x

Jacqueline