cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while starting the Agentry Server with custom application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am following the document at and I have followed all the steps as suggested in the document.

I am using Agentry Server 6.0 here.

In order to plug in my custom java code, I have exported my Java project and added under ClassPath variable under Server's Agentry.INI file.

classPath=./ini4j.jar;./sapjco.jar;./Java/Agentry-v5.jar;./Java/SAPWM-5.3.0.0.jar;./Java/SAPCommon-122971.jar;./Java/ZFlightBooking.jar;./Java;

I have given the serverClass path as : serverClass=com/syclo/sap/sflight/server/Server

While starting the server, I get the following error:

Exception: 01:37:26 03/15/2014 : 20 (Agentry3), BackEndInitError (Java Back End

- NoClassDefFoundError|java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/syclo/sap/sflight/ser

ver/Server|classpath = .;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;.\J

ava\Agentry-v5.jar), javaBE.cpp#407:JavaBackEnd::init

I can confirm that the required DLL files are present under the ServerDev directory.

Init4j and sapjco are present under ServerDev directory.

SAPWM, SAPCommon , Agentry V5 and ZFlightbooking are present under ServerDev/Java directory.

I have also tried all possible combinations  including  editing the standard "Classpath" and "Path" variables under "Environment Variables" too, and added the path to this JAR file, but nothing seems to be working.

I have gone through the post already, and checked all the steps, but it doesn't seem to work.

Request your advice on the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the error message it shows the following class path:

classpath = .;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;.\Java\Agentry-v5.jar

Was the Agentry.ini file saved after your change?

Are you running as a service or starting with the AgentryGUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for looking into this issue.

The agentry.ini under serverDev was saved correctly after changes were made.

The classpath that it shows in the error message is actually coming from 'CLASSPATH' variable under 'environment variables'.

Thinking along these lines, I added the path for ZFlightBooking.jar under CLASSPATH variable under environment variables as well, but it couldn't find the required class there also.

I am running the server from the AgentryGUI, although I have also installed it as a service.

Under 'services', I can see that the service named 'Agentry Development Server' is stopped already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Jar file doesn't need to be in the system path, but the system path does need need the following line:
<jdk install path>\bin;<jdk nstall path>\jre\bin\server;

Is the Agentry-v5.jar also in the environment variable path as well?  If so, remove it, t only needs to be in the classPath line of the Agentry.ini file.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

the system "PATH" variable holds these values:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre\bin\server;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre\lib

The system "CLASSPATH" variable holds these values:

CLASSPATH = .;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;

Still, at run time, in the error message, it refers to the classpath as follows:

;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;.\Java\Agentry-v5.jar

my Agentry.ini file looks as below; the Java-2 section was added automatically when I published the custom application on the agentry server.

[Java-1]

classPath=./ini4j.jar;./sapjco.jar;./Java/Agentry-v5.jar;./Java/SAPWM-5.3.0.0.jar;./Java/SAPCommon-122971.jar;./Java/ZFlightBooking.jar;./Java;

constantsFile=

deleteSource=True

enableAuthentication=True

enablePreviousUserAuthentication=True

initialHeapSize=256

maxHeapSize=512

name=Java Back End

outputDirectory=.

performCompile=False

printBusinessLogicStackTrace=False

printStackTrace=False

reduceOSSignalUse=True

scriptsPath=

serverClass=com/syclo/sap/sflight/server/Server

sourceDirectory=.

nonStandardJavaOptions=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n

timeZoneName=

[Java-2]

name=Java Back End

constantsFile=

deleteSource=true

enableAuthentication=false

enablePreviousUserAuthentication=false

initialHeapSize=2

maxHeapSize=64

nonStandardJavaOptions=

outputDirectory=.

performCompile=false

printBusinessLogicStackTrace=false

printStackTrace=false

reduceOSSignalUse=true

scriptsPath=

sourceDirectory=.

timeZoneName=

classPath=.\Java\Agentry-v5.jar

serverClass=com/syclo/agentry/Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you put your [System Connection] Section?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,
Here it is:

[System Connections]

2=ag3javabe.dll

1=ag3javabe.dll

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Arihant,

I am a little confused as to why you have 2 Java System connections in your application.  Did you create a second System Connection in your Editor?

The FlightBooking app would normally only have the one Java connection.  Additionally the flight booking application does not need the SAPWM-5.3.0.0.jar as that is specific to the Work Manager application.

[System Connections]
1=ag3javabe.dll

[Java-1]
name=Java Back End
constantsFile=
deleteSource=true
enableAuthentication=true
enablePreviousUserAuthentication=true
initialHeapSize=256
maxHeapSize=512
nonStandardJavaOptions=-Xloggc:gc.log -Xincgc -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n
outputDirectory=.
performCompile=false
printBusinessLogicStackTrace=true
printStackTrace=true
reduceOSSignalUse=true
scriptsPath=
sourceDirectory=.
timeZoneName=
classPath=.\Java\Agentry-v5.jar;.\ini4j.jar;.\sapjco.jar;.\Java\ZFlightBooking.jar;.\Java\SAPCommon-122971.jar;.\Java
serverClass=com/syclo/sap/sflight/server/Server

I susepect that there is a related jar file that isn't being picked up properly that is called by your server class.

I would suggest two things.

1) Fix your Editor definitions to only have the one java backend

2) Update the Agentry.ini to remove the second connection and Java-2 section

3) Verify your jar locations (and associated DLL files) is correct.  The sapjco.jar file needs two additional DLL files (sapjcorfc.dll and librfc32.dll) which are in the ServerDev directory along with the sapjco.jar file.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

For my surprise, it started working when I swapped the Java-1 section contents with Java-2 section.

Not sure why, but it has started working for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bill,

I had the SAP Work manager application hosted initially on the server, later I published the flight demo application. this caused two different Java sections in the INI file.

Although all the DLL and JAR files are in place and are being referred correctly, i was throwing the same error.

It started working when I swapped the Java-1 section contents with Java-2 section.