cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellside user not able to edit MA and Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Buyside user creates a MA with a contract in it. As he wants to make the MA (and contract) visible for the supplier, he flags on MA Header tab the field "Publish to Supplier On" which according to SAP help "enable the master agreement to appear in the Active Agreements channel on the supplier's Workbench". Contract passes through all the phases till get the phase "Executed" which visibility is "Internal and External".

Later, one sellside user logs into Sourcing, go to Contract Management module and see the MA (and the contract) but that is the main point. He is only able to view it and no edit it so it is not possible for him to upload a new version of the contract for instance.

Sellside users security profiles by default are Application user, Supplier and Supplier Manager so I put all the rights related to MA and Contract as ALLOW in the Supplier and the Supplier Manager profile but it is not working either.

Could you please let me know then which are the functionalities allowed for a sellside users in terms of MA and Contracts?

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Once a Contract is in the executed phase I don't see a good reason an outside user SHOULD be able to change the document.  When the contract is in a negotiation phase is the sellside user able to submit new versions?  If the answer is yes, this would be working as expected. If at no time the sellside users that are set as contacts on the vendor the MA is in negotiation with can check out a version and submit a new modified one, then you have an issue.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have done another test and this time instead of putting the Contract in status "Executed", I just passed the phases from Draft to Supplier Draft. "Supplier Draft" is the other phase that by default has the "Internal and External" visibility.

Log in with the sellside user and the MA was visible but again, he is only able to view it and no edit, check out/in or attach anything.

Could you please let me know why is this happening?

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Laura

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

I just ran a quick check in my local system.  With the contract document in the Supplier Draft phase, it shows as Internal/External visibilty. When I log in as the Supplier Contact, I am able to see the document.  I am able to SEE attachments on the MA, but not add one this is OK.  when I go to the Contract Documents tab I see my contract document link and when I go to it, under actions I do have the check out option. (As you should)  by checking out the document this enables the ability to upload a new version during the check in option.  This is the ONLY "edit" option a sell side user (Supplier Contact) has.   Is the sell side user the primary contact on this Vendor?

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

The sellside user was the primary contact of the vendor. I have tested and working! Sellside user can check out and check in the contract document. Thank you very much for your support!

Regards,

Laura

Answers (0)