cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO.SERVER,Cold not find the server function...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am Getting the Above error in the SM58 when i excute the Report under which I am calling the Function Module.

Please brief me this procedure.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Here is the solution

Apply SAP Note 938175

However, also have a look here

SAP Note 701043

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I Do not Have Access to Market to Markatplace.

Can U Please Send me these notes to srinivas5780@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,

Srinivasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

for your benfit 938175

Symptom

ABAP runtime error with the following message: "JCO.Server could not find server function 'xxxx'".

'xxxx' being a RFC function module.

Other terms

eBridge, RFC

Reason and Prerequisites

The RFC repository of the eBridge is not up-to-date and does not contain the requested RFC function module.

Solution

Shut down and restart the eBridge, it will download the latest version of the RFC repository from the Amadeus Gateway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Symptom

Unicode test is corrected in Release 6.40.

Other terms

Unicode test, connection test, SM59, RFC, .NET. JCo, librfc

Reason and Prerequisites

Bearing in mind that the registered RFC server programs are programmed differently in UNICODE/NON-UNICODE mode, the Unicode test for registered RFC server programs can cause the RFC server program to crash, or it can trigger an exception in the server program. The user of transaction SM59 receives the I message "The character size cannot be determined."

Solution

If Unicode is set in transaction SM59 under the "Special options" tab as the character width in the target system, and the registered RFC server program is not Unicode-enabled, the Unicode test in SM59 can cause the registered RFC server program to crash. In this case, the RfcLastErrorEx call should always follow after a RfcAcceptEx call fails.

If non-Unicode is set in transaction SM59 under the "Special options" tab as the character width in the target system, and the registered RFC server program is Unicode-enabled, the Unicode test can trigger different responses in SM59 depending on the RFC server program:

1. A .NET server reacts with an ABAP exception and triggers the exception:

Exception:

FUNCTION NOT IMPLEMENTED

Please note that the.NET server has not crashed and that it is still logged onto the SAP gateway.

2. A JCo server reacts with an RFC abort (see trace):

"JCo.Server could not find server function '???? ' "

In this case, a message appears, stating

"Check the unicode ability of the server program"

Note that the JCo server has not crashed and that it is therefore still registered on the SAP gateway.

Note:

You can establish whether the RFC server program is Unicode-enabled as follows:

On Unix:

what <executable-name> | grep RFC

If librfcu* is found, the program is linked with the Unicode library.

On NT:

find "LIBRFC" "<executable-name>"

If librfc32U.dll is displayed, the program is linked with the UNICODE library. If librfc32.dll is displayed, the program is linked with the non-Unicode library.

On Java:

JCo is always Unicode-enabled as of Version 2.0. In this case, the non-Unicode variant of the librfc is also used internally in the Unicode case.

Whether or not a JCo server runs in Unicode mode depends on whether or not the property

"jco.server.unicode" was set to 1 when the JCo server was created.

(1=Unicode mode; 0=Non Unicode mode [default])

However, for communication with Unicode systems, it is absolutely necessary that Unicode mode is used and that the character width in the target system is set to Unicode in the target system in SM59. Non-Unicode communication with Unicode systems is not supported by the JCo. This type of function would not make sense because Java is only ever based on a Unicode character set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is our FM in that is report is RFC enbaled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the exact FM which is creaating the error and also check RFC destination of IS.

see the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0b/2a66bc507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/content.htm

Regards

Chilla