cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL Server supported?

GerhardL
Newcomer
0 Kudos

As I see, only derby, oracle, db2 and sysbase ase are listed as possible databases.

Is there a timeline for MSSQL support?

Regards

Gerhard Lehner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jeffrey_dsilva
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thought I would "revive" this post again, because I have the same question myself!

According to SAP Note 1934552 (SAP Mobile Platform Server Persistence Database Support), and the Product Availability Matrix the only persistence databases supported by SMP 3.0 are Derby, Oracle, ASE and DB2.

Notably absent is Microsoft SQL Server.

Was this DB omitted in error or is the MSSQL DB no longer supported in SMP 3.0?

Thanks!

Jeffrey

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Currently MSSQL is not currently supported in SMP3.0 for the persistence database.  I believe it is on the roadmap for one of the upcoming service packs but don't know exactly which one.

--Bill

jeffrey_dsilva
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill!

I just saw your comment here as well, and came back to answer my own question, but you beat me to the punch!

Best regards,

Jeffrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think SMP 3.0 SP5 supports SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server Database Support - Release Notes: SAP Mobile Platform Server - SAP Library

"SAP Mobile Platform now supports Microsoft® SQL Server for use as the persistent database in a production cluster installation."

Despite in http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1934552 (v2 - 19.03.2014) it doesn't appears so I don't know which versions is supported.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, starting with SMP 3.0 SP05 SQL Server is now supported for use as a persistent database in a production environment.

According to the SAP Product Availability Matrix (PAM) (http://service.sap.com/pam) the version supported is MS SQL SERVER 2012.

Enjoy!

--Bill

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is this something you are looking for?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

For what technology or scenario are you asking this question?

If possible state which version, SP, or revision if appropriate.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG