Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro and other Web Application Technologies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am a newbie to SAP environment and have been working in Web Dynpro for

Java. I have faced some problems that I think are quite specific to Web Dynpro like

- for every button click there is a round trip to the J2EE engine, which is a

problem in many cases regarding the performance,

- there is no way to include external JavaScript for validation, page printing, or so..

and so on.....

My question is that can we use other Web Application Technologies like

ASP.NET, JSP, etc. that can be used to develop the applications which can be a

part of the SAP environment; or can I have a comparison for the various Web

Application Technologies wrt Web Dynpro.

Thanx in advance,

Alka.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx everyone for all the answers. I am not satisfied, but enough information for me to find out further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alka, we recently migrated from IBM Websphere to Netweaver because we're an SAP shop. We had a lot of J2EE webapps that had to be migrated to Netweaver.

The process was extremely painful mainly because there don't seem to be many people who are using Netweaver for just plain J2EE development.

We've learned a lot during this process that we could share and we would also love to get in touch with other people who are doing similar things.

If you're interested in talking please contact me. FYI - we're not a consulting company so this isn't some kind of lame attempt to drum up business.

I just would like to get in contact with people who are going through the same problems/issues as we are.

David

pantichd@firstenergycorp.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you want to suggest?

Maybe Web Dynpro is not the right tool for your requirements but this does not mean that e.g. not being able to include custom Javascript is a problem by itself.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Armin u r right. I agree to that it is not a problem, but i just wanted to know

that can I use anything like JSP or BSP for my web application development. And

If I use these technologies, will I able to integrate them to the SAP environment as

easily as Web Dynpro.

Regards,

Alka.

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yeah surely, you can use JSP for your web application development.

This can be done with ejbs and java dictionary table.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/bd/b127af68234e868cfd4e9f440aa0bf/frameset.htm

here you will get the example of sqlj with jsp

hope it helps

regrads,

abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through these threads

Regards,Anilkumar