cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SQL (hdbsql / HANA Studio) Connection to SAP HANA Rev. 69 (all services GREEN, running)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

after starting HANA instance (locally installed on Linux Laptop) via sapcontrol [1], checking with sapcontrol's GetProcessList as well as HANA Studio Admin Console Diagnosis Mode Shows all Services GREEN, running.

However, when I try to open "Default Administration" in HANA Studio, it "Refreshing Overview" and is busy till infinity.

Trying to connect via \c command of HDBSQL eventually works, but any commands like \ds (list schemas) will run till infinity without returning anything.

SAP Business One for HANA SLD shows the Server but not the Company DBs / schemas.

I attached sapstart.log and statisticsserver_alert_sid.trc.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Stephan

---

[1] I start HANA executing: /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/hdb/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function StartWait 270 2 OR /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/hdb/sapcontrol -nr 00 -function Start with user sidadm

[2] The issue occurs since the upgrade from Rev. 53 to HANA Rev. 69 (in the context of upgrading from Business One for HANA PL02 to PL09)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

I had the same problem with HANA sandbox on my laptop which installed on Virtual Machine.

It was resolved when I increased RAM for HANA Virtual Mashine up to 13 Gb

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Aleksandr

I think you are right.

After doing many installation of HANA Server in differrent AWS instances it didn't work for me.

But when I installed the HANA Studio on another machine with more RAM it worked.

I think we have to install HANA Studio on another AWS instance with 16 GB RAM to make it run smoothly.

Thanks & Regards

Manu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Did you get it fixed?

I tried even starting another amazon instance.

Still it is trying infinitely to list the schema.

Thanks & Regards

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I'm not sure. Since I am in the context of SAP Business One on HANA, there might be a solution to start Business One before HANA (wrong order). This worked out for me, but I am still testing to be sure.

Regarding Amazon Cloud I heard that restarting the instance should work, but your utterence seems as if this does not work though?!

Kindly

Stephan

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Please check there are enough resource(memory and cpu) present at server also check File system is not full.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks. I checked everything in System Monitor and CPU, RAM etc. utilization is ok. Also HDD / mounts have plenty of space.

Regards

Stephan

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Please restart the HDB instance ,and check again.

Please provide indexserver trace for more information.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I stopped it and started it several times and over a period of days - behaviour stays the same.

Attached are the 2 indexserver trace files (alert and normal on I guess) which I found in the logs.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Stephan