cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification with SP 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using Solution Manager 7.1 SP 10 and would like to use the "new" email notification with the new standard actions. Nevertheless, it seems that is doesn't work.

Based on what we read, we should not need to create anything anymore as described here as we have now 2 actions already created in standard :

But when we try the SEND_MAIL_CHANGE_MANAGER one with the following action definition :

with schedule condition :

and start condition :

SCOT / SO16 / BP are properly configured based on the following thread

No email are triggered when for instance the status is in "validation". Are we missing something ?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

did you maintain the Method Call of the Processing Type of the action YMCR_SEND_MAIL_CHANGE_MANAGER"?

There you have to set initial values for MAIL_FORM_TEMPLATE and DEFAULT_SENDER_EMAIL.

You can define the template in the WEB UI: IT Service Operation --> Create Mail Form.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone please ?

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not maintain any start conditions. Since the action SEND_MAIL_CHANGE_MANAGER is scheduled automatically, it should trigger the action once the Schedule Conditions are met.

Also in the screenshot, I see you are referring to YMCR txn type. So in Condition configuration, make sure you have maintained schedule conditions to YMCR_ACTIONS action profile.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the answer.

Of course, I have the corresponding YMCR actions created.

As it is "scheduled automatically", don't I have some kind of WF or jobs to plan ?

I assume that is not activated by  default once you are in SP 10, isn't it ?

Based on the TJ30 table, my manager should received an email once the RfC is on "To be approved" or "Being implemented" status....which is not the case today...

As I am using the same user for testing the flow, I am wondering if it doesn't come from that but I doubt it.

And again, I wonder if there is not configuration to activate for these 2 actions, don't you think ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.