cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection method

0 Kudos

My client requirement is that they want to enlarge the characteristics of inspection method to 18 digit.Means when we create an inspection method by QS31 ,we can see it allows inspection method name upto 8 digit.So is there any possiblity to enlarge the characteristics length upto 18 digit?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Its not feasible and not advisable to change the Field length of Inspection Methods (PMTNR - 8 CHAR). This is field for identification of inspection method where you define internal or external number number range. Under create inspection method screen there are two fields available one for Short Text and another for search field. For both fields you can maintain upto 40 CHAR. Use client specific description under serach field which will help the users to search inpsection methods.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

0 Kudos

Thanks Guys......Thanks for your reply....I have asked my client to use the Short Text field which can have  description of inspection method till 18 digit.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two fields with 40 char length, short text and search search field, You can use the short text

to search in the master record lists and the sort field to search by matchcode

What the functional need of increasing this field length?

If its unavoidable you may need to take ABAP help, but changing standard field is not advisable

Thanks

DD

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check user exit QMSC0003 (User exit after saving inspection method data) with Abaper.

But why you want to extend the length ?

this is only the no. that generated after saving the Method. If you want to maintained more description for the particular method, you can use Info. field 1, 2, 3.