Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts Issue

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

When i executed alerts through a macro suppose for a location X and Product Y, then i get alerts in Planning book when i select Alerts for Current Planning book. I am getting alert for location X and Product Y. but when i load Location X and Product Y in the selection and select Alerts for Current Selection , i am not getting the alert for Location X and Product Y. Why i am not getting alert for selection ? and why i am getting alert for same selection when i select alerts for current planning book ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Venkata Emani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The system only display the alerts when you load the data at what level they are generated. When you choose "Alerts for Current Selection (details)", the current  selection ID may contain several selection conditions. So when you load this selection you are at aggregate level and it's a standard behavior that the alerts are not  shown. To display the alerts please go to details all of characteristic where alerts are created, e.g., the alerts have to be displayed at the exact location/product where they are generated.

If you are using a navigation attribute. Please also include the main characteristic of this navigation attribute into the selection if you want the generated alerts to be saved in database. You can refer to note 329707 if needed,which clarifies this issue. It's talking about forecast profile assignment but also suitable for alert.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

These are few helpful SAP Notes on SDP Alerts

830673 - AMON: Some consulting issues when handling alert monitor

Note 495166 - Tips and Tricks for Handling Alert Monitor

500051 - Overview Alert Monitor (AMO) alert types

Note - If alerts are generated on Product + Location Level then only you will be able to display those alerts at that level using the option of - Alerts for Current Selection. However if alerts are being generated on the more aggregated or more detailed level then you will not be able to display Alerts using Current Selection option if you have only Product + Location in the selection.  Your selection acts like Aggregation Level in the Pbook.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare