cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: CATT script timing out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have recorded transaction MP31 to change Forecast values for materials in CATT script. Earlier, I used to run the script with around 10k records and the script was completing within 45 - 50 minutes.

For past few days, i am facing the problem, that the CATT script after running for 42-45 minutes is stalling at a test data. The SAP GUI quits. But the logon is still active. If I login again, the script log shows :

The test case has been active for 17:30 minutes

After around 20 minutes, the execution cancels out. The test data at which it stalls is always different. Some times, it stalls after 5,018 record, sometimes after only 2,200 records.

Also, while logging again, system shows an already active logon.

Are there any performance related issue?

Please help me out . It is greatly impacting the business.

Regards,

Sasmita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sasmita,

first some remarks concerning your observation in eCATT log:

>The test case has been active for 17:30 minutes

>After around 20 minutes, the execution cancels out.

eCATT log shows the data logged into eCATTs log tables just as they are on db.

If a certain eCATT run "hangs", it does not write any new entries in that log.

Regarding the runtime of a script eCATT log does calculate something similar like "now minus last log entries time". This results in the duration you find in the log display. If the duration exceeds 20 minutes, the log display decides to write "testcase canceled".

So it is not certain, that the test run realy was stopped, it is only most likely. On the other hand your testcase could still run but only very slowly.

Now regarding your problem itself:

If that situation occurs at very different testdata records, I would search for the reason in your automated application (system under test). Can you monitor the target system just in the moment when your eCATT run hangs ? Have a look at system performance when logging on, check system log entries and dumps. Also check if the transaction, you are automating, is working manually at the same time eCATT hangs with it.

If you come back with that issue here, it might be helpfull to provide more information about the eCATT driver you are using (SAPGUI/TCD).

For a better overview about the test runs with your 10k records, I can also recommend to break the 10k down to smaller portions to be started in several test runs, resulting in smaller log files with better performance in log viewer.

Best regards

Jens