Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E301 Symbol type in value file does not match symbol type in layout

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please help me. I am getting this kind of error when I am trying to open a report in cg02 using Report From Template option.

Regards

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj

in most cases there is either an issue with report symbol definition or with WWI layout. Your topics is well known in this FORUM. Check e.g.

May be check as well:

C.B.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj,

Please eleaborate on the error u are facing. Did u add any new symbol . When u preview your report template, U find any error?. What version of WWI are u  using?.

Please provide your syntax.

Regards

Dhinesh

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

When I am trying to preview it says "Cant create Value File". We have not done any chnages in the template.

Regards

Dheeraj

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj

there is clealry a problem in layout and / or report symbol definition existing. Please check my last reply.

C.B:

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Its a very big template. I am not getting where the error is exactly present because when I check the template for errors system has thrown only two errors one with wrong expansion mode and other one says repeating group ended with out being open, I even corrected that but still facing the same problem.

Regards

Dheeraj

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj

it might be a good idea to "split" layout into several subparts and check then using own "test" generation variants. On the top you should ask yourself:

Assuming that the layout has worked before (in a former version) what are the "changes" applied and in which section? Using this approach it might be easier to detecte the issues in WWI code.

As you may be know: in contrast to nice ABAP using WWI there is lack of "historic" options. In ABAP you can compare easily code before and after a change; this is not posssible in WWI. As well it has discussed (as a work around) in this FORUM: can I enter" comments" in the sense: added on; by deleted on by etc.). Answer is: yes; if you pay attention you can do that and it might help you in"managing" changes in WWI. Other options are: prepare good documentation about content of the versions e.g. in EXCEL or other kind of tool like:

Template version 01 Added/changed/deleted by (and then generate a list of changes in EXCEL etc.)

Etc. Your topic is "well" known. I did not collect any thread related to that problem.

In your case I believe it might be a combination of issues: Wrong WWI coding and wrong use of report symbols (e.g. wrong nesting in WWI layout etc.)

I hope that this helps. It is not easy to get rid of these issues. But If you remember the changes applied to the layout than it might be easier to get rid of the issue.

C.B.

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am facing this problem only with one specification. For the other specifications I am able to open the report properly from Report from Template option.

For the specification which I am getting error when ever I click on report from template in the next window it is showing something like Parameter values etc with many specification numbers. But for other specification I am not getting that window. I am not sure what is that window all about.

Regards

Dheeraj

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

I mean I am getting a screen called "Maitain Parameter Values"

Regards

Dheeraj

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I tried creating the report but the report is not created.The status of the report is Error. i went to information tab and clicked on F6 Parameter Values. System has thrown a message saying "No Parameter Symbols found in the template". But system is trying to pass the parameter values. I think because of this I am getting error.

How to avoid the system not to pass parameter values to the report ?? Please help me

Regards

Dheeraj

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj

Regarding:I am facing this problem only with one specification. For the other specifications I am able to open the report properly from Report from Template option.

Please compare data from one spec to the other. One spec does have more data. This "more" data yield to the result that a different WWI code is used and this WWI code is not "ok" and therefore you get problems.

Regarding; "Maitain Parameter Values" => try to skip or write "hello world" or whatebver; parameter values are needed later; only on "rare" cases they have impact on the e.g. report from template creation so taht you get a problem

Regarding:

I tried creating the report but the report is not created.The status of the report is Error. i went to information tab and clicked on F6 Parameter Values. System has thrown a message saying "No Parameter Symbols found in the template". But system is trying to pass the parameter values. I think because of this I am getting error..

Either you have used the wrong symbol type or used wrong function module to assign it to a own developped report symbol. etc. Please check; what was the last change either in WWI code or in report symbol definition.

Some thread have shown that sometimes the report symbol is prepared as report type "01" but should be "02" (or the other way around). This is one reason for such issues

Only by doing it step by step and checking:

a.) what has been changed in template?

b.) what is the difference in data on sepc 1 in comparison to spec 2

You will succeed. Sorry to say: to debug WWI is not as simple as ABAP code. This is one reason why some developpers might get "frustrated" in WWI;

May be check:

as well

C.B.