cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Windows cluster Network adapter assign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our SAP ECC EHP6 running in  Windows cluster 2008 R2 and Data Base SQL2012 on VMware Esxi5.1, 2 machine for the  DB Node which is running on cluster and 2 application servers. we have some configuration issue on Virtual connect, so that we need to delete the all Network adapter form both physical machine, ( So that both DB node and application Network removed from the Virtual machines) after that configure the Virtual connect  again and assign the Network adapter to both DB machine as well as Application machine.

My queary is any impact on my windows cluster ( SAP Cluster) or not , so I request to you please suggest what can I do this task without any risk... .........

Regards

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is the virtual connect you are talking above is VMware network connection or MSCS Cluster network connections??

Should be careful on the following topic

have a full screenprint of the current config

after that follow the standard steps to get all the dependencies reconfigured correctly otherwise the network will not be online and same time none of the clusters will be online.

take care of the permissions too.

Additionally do follow and check the inst guides

1. service.sap.com/instguides

Cluster Server Concepts and Architecture from Microsoft at:

1. www.microsoft.com

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak Ji,

Thanks for the reply...

We are planning proper down time for this activity, we will deleted the all network adapter from Cluster node 1 &2 ( LAN Adapter & Heart Beat Adapter delete), After that add the both adapter on both node and no changes on the host name and also IP will be same  as previous, after this activity my cluster should be work perfectly or not. any configuration need to change after this activity?

Regards

Ashwani

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

As there won't be any change in IP and host , I do not forsee any hiccups with cluster operation.

Suggestion would be to test it once the adapters are replaced .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Any change on the network front will impact running MSCS cluster configuration.

If you can take downtime and perform the activities it would be with least risk.

Also ensure that there is no change in virtual hostnames/ IP used for MSCS configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori