Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement to get previous year 52 weeks in SAP HANA

vivek_vk_83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have got a requirement to get previous year 52 weeks in BO report. Please suggest some ideas of how to do it in HANA side.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

have a look on this

You are looking for a yearly report at Week granularity. You need to define your filter conditions on date as mentioned in the document ( it depends on what kind of time related fields you have in your table )

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

vivek_vk_83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the information.

There are no views created for this. I have to start getting the previous year's 52 weeks in HANA. The data is already there for previous year's data. Moreover, the way it is done here is data is coming for a day for a particular week but I need week's data to be displayed, something like a summarised version of all days for a week.

I suppose the input parameter works if there is actually a calculation view existing.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Vivek,

Can you explain on what you are trying to report on from HANA side? Are you reporting directly on HANA table?

So you must be handling everything in BO, in that case it will more concerned with handling the filter from BO side.

Please do share what your currently having on HANA side and BO side so that it helps us here in responding to you.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

vivek_vk_83
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As of now, there is nothing in HANA. But in BO, we have some reports which displays 52 weeks data for previous year. So I need some ideas of how this should be done in HANA. Can I just create a table with the start and end date and use an input parameter with Derived table option. I am not sure how the performance will be and need to know other options

Regards,

Vivek

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If am not wrong, the report must be showing either Quantities or Amounts for which you may need aggregation

To pushdown the filter logic, may be you can try creating a Analytic View ( since you need aggregations ) and then use input parameter from BO side to do the filtering ( pushing down the filter to HANA side  for better performance )

The example i have shown will tell you one of the ways to do the same through Graphical Calculation View and Input parameter and exposed via BO Analysis Office.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look on this excellent document from

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu