cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Saving Time Shift - SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As per our plan we are starting the EHP7 update using SUM next week.

The daylight saving time shift is scheduled on Apr 6th 2014. Due to complexity in our landscape we expect a delay in our process.

When i went through the SUM guide mentioned the below warning.

Make sure you do not run the Software Update Manager during daylight saving time shifts. Otherwise, the update process might result in errors.

However they didnt mention any specific reason for that. During the time shift we are not supposed to run the SUM tool.

So shall i stop the tool and rerun after the time shift wont be having any impact.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Raja. G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes with the change in time (if you are doing day light changes) the timmings of all those logs changes.

So better not to take a call now.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepanshu,

Do you want me to hold the upgrade until daylight saving shifts?

My understanding is during the shift the SUM tool is not to be active. Otherwise it is fine. However am not clear on that as well.

Regards,

Raja. G

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If there is such a restriction and If you think the upgrade wont be completed before the DST change then you need to start the upgrade activity after the DST change.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I'm assuming it's not a production upgrade what you are doing. So if possible at your end (which I'm not sure) would suggest yes hold for a while. Untill you are sure that you will do before Day Light Savings.

Reards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepanshu,

Its not a PRD system. Its still 3 weeks so dont want to waste those.

Only we need to hold the tool during the time its fine. Am unable to get more information from the warning.

Is someone experienced these kind of issue. Please advise.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Really speaking having got this issue neither by chance as whatever upgrades / migrations I did was out of this DST times

Would suggest if this is not PRD you can take a call for Sandbox, DEV and QAS in the meantime.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma    

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Raja,

You can start the sandbox or DEV upgrade as it will not take more than 20 days time to complete the upgrade.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a doubt like whether the SUM tool is not supposed to be active during the daylight time shifts or the upgrade process itself not supposed to be active during that time.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

SUM tool can be active it's only with Ugrade activity.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have a doubt like whether the SUM tool is not supposed to be active during the daylight time shifts or the upgrade process itself not supposed to be active during that time.

This is the reply I can provide you from the SUM guide.

Make sure you do not run the Software Update Manager during daylight saving time shifts. Otherwise, the update process might result in errors.

Deepanshu Sharma

SUM tool can be active it's only with Ugrade activity.

What made you conclude on this ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I have seen people keeping it active during teh timeshift as well.. that's as per my knowledge

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma    

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thinks it is bad idea to keep the SUM running during the time change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Confused a bit.

Is my understanding correct?

The SUM tools is not supposed to be active during the time shifts. After the time shift i can initiate the SUM and able to start from where i left previously.

Regards,

Raja. G

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The SUM tools is not supposed to be active during the time shifts.

Correct.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I completed the upgrade after day light saving only. So the SUM tool should not be active during the day light time shifts.

Regards,

Raja. G

Answers (0)