cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.3- Error at Java Import Step (Problem with Jload)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am in need of urgent assistance on this matter.

I am trying perform a SAP Netweaver 7.3 installation and importing a java database instance export from another server. The installation fails to import only one of the files.

After looking through the logs found the following error trace of the jload:

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Starting task IMPORT_4_J2EE_CONFIGENTRY.XML

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Starting to log to IMPORT_4_J2EE_CONFIGENTRY.XML.log

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Directing logs for com.sap.inst.jload.DBJob@55b76aab to file IMPORT_4_J2EE_CONFIGENTRY.XML.log

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Started logging to IMPORT_4_J2EE_CONFIGENTRY.XML.log

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Connecting to database

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Connecting to database ...

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Connected to database

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Connected to database

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Reading from file X:\JAVA\JDMP\EXPDMP_4_J2EE_CONFIGENTRY.001

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Info: Size of dump file is 859232205

com.sap.inst.dbtools [Thread[pool-1-thread-3,5,main]] Fatal: java.io.IOException: Data file seems to be in old format (no header)

Use an earlier version of jload

at com.sap.inst.jload.executor.JobExecutor.readHeader(JobExecutor.java:565)

at com.sap.inst.jload.executor.JobExecutor.dbImport(JobExecutor.java:261)

at com.sap.inst.jload.executor.JobExecutor.runJob(JobExecutor.java:858)

at com.sap.inst.jload.executor.JobExecutor.executeJob(JobExecutor.java:779)

at com.sap.inst.jmigmon.engine.dispatcher.JLoadTask.runJLoad(JLoadTask.java:118)

at com.sap.inst.jmigmon.engine.dispatcher.JLoadTask.execute(JLoadTask.java:147)

at com.sap.inst.jmigmon.engine.dispatcher.JLoadTask.run(JLoadTask.java:125)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:743)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Data file seems to be in old format (no header)

Use an earlier version of jload

at com.sap.inst.jload.executor.JobExecutor.readHeader(JobExecutor.java:565)

at com.sap.inst.jload.executor.JobExecutor.dbImport(JobExecutor.java:261)

at com.sap.inst.jload.executor.JobExecutor.runJob(JobExecutor.java:858)

... 7 more

I have never seen the error: "java.io.IOException: Data file seems to be in old format (no header) Use an earlier version of jload" and I have found not found any useful information on this matter.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Is there a way to find an earlier version of jload or is there a way to add a header to the import data so that the installer does not complain?

If you need any other information form log files please let me know and I shall post this information.

Thanks in advance,

Message was edited by: Andy Silvey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Could you please check below note which is related to your issue

1768734 - Error during the import: "java.io.IOException: Data file seems to be in old format (no hea...

Note No: 1768734

Check and do as per the note. Let me confirm if you need any help...

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc-112010-090769.html

The above url helps to download the latest Jdbc driver as per requirement

Award me if my thread helps..

Regards

Santosh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much turns out my export was corrupted. That sap note helped a lot!

Thanks again!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You need to check the few things.

1. whether the export CD is got corrupted or not.(download the new one and compared the sizes

2. Check the sapinst_dev log, if you found some error related out of memory issue then follow the steps

mentioned by Rafikul Hussain

1768708 - Error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" during the export

3. kindly paste the logs for sapinst_dev and latest one which is getting updated.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I suggest stop your current process. Find out the control.xml file and change var maxHeap = "-Xmx1024m" to    var maxHeap = "-Xmx2048m" and then again start your activity and check.

Regards,

Rafikul