cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Windows Client Complete Removal and GUID

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to pre-install the Afaria 7 Windows 7 client I created on an image that will be Ghosted and duplicated. It appears that I did it wrong as the clients are all checking in under the same GUID. How do I do a complete removal of the client so that when I reinstall it will register as it's on client? Is it possible to scrub the GUID of the master image so that I can leave it as part of the master image and have it create a new GUID when a newly imaged computer checks into the server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

You should be able to remove the GUID from the Master Image by using the following steps.  This should then force a new GUID to get created for each client when connecting to the Afaria Server.

WARNING: You should not carry these steps out on already deployed clients if you are using Data Security Manager.  Removing the GUID will cause you to lose recovery information and they will be unrecoverable in the event of the client getting 'locked out'

• In the Registry of the Client, delete the following key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Afaria\Afaria\Client\ClientID
  • If 64-bit OS, also delete: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Afaria\Afaria\Client\ClientID
  • If Licensed for Inventory Manager: HKLM\SOFTWARE\INTEL\LanDesk\Common Api\UniqueID
  • If 64-bit OS, also delete: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\INTEL\LanDesk\Common Api\UniqueID
  • On the Afaria Client machine, also delete: C:\LDBIOS.TXT and C:\LDISCAN.CFG (this is a hidden file)
  • Unload the Client and / or stop the Afaria Client Service service and reload the Client again.
  • Initate a connection to the Afaria Server

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's very helpful, thanks. By unload do you mean uninstall? Is it possible to initiate a connect from the command line?