cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkey for a searchhelp in an inputfield - how to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am searching for a possiblity how to use a hotkey for a searchhelp in an inputfield.

I want do something like that: In my inputfield I write that:

=n.Smith

In this inputfield I should write an username. The corresponding binded context element has an elementary search help (dictionary search help). The hotkey of that search help has as hotkey 'N'. It has as first selectionparameter the surname.

When I now enter "=n.Smith" and there is only one username with the surname "Smith", than the username should appear. When there are more than one match, the searchhelp-list should appear.

The behaviour should be exactly as in the transaction pa30 when you enter the personnel no. (In my case it is for the username).

Within a report I could write such a matchcode. This documentation shows how to do that:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_banking50/helpdata/en/cf/21ee79446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

--> Now I am searching for a way how to do that in webdynpro

I have already read this help and I have seen the limitation for hot keys in collective search helps. I have an elementary search help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/3d/e53642e2a3ab04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

In this demo-webdynpro WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP i haven't seen nothing like that.

Can anybody help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I now enter "=n.Smith" and there is only one username with the surname "Smith", than the username should appear. When there are more than one match, the searchhelp-list should appear.

To achieve this, you could use OVS search help event handler method. In the OVS event handler method, read the input value and get the result from DB, If the output contains 1 record, use set_attribute to set the value else call the OVS phases to open search help. But I am not sure, if the hot key works for OVS!

Regards,

Kiran