cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Process Integration (PI) installation doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m SAP Basis/administrator and I need to perform a SAP Process Integration installation! Can you tell me how can I do that, because I didn´t understand yet which SAP product I must install... PI is a add-on or it is a SAP system itself?

Thank you,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid - PI is a system itself.

which version are you trying to install. what is the database and OS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh Gampa,

Hum ok... but tell me why I can´t find it, as product, in PAM (service.sap.com/pam)?

The OS -> Windows, and the database -> MS SQL Server!

Thanks,

samid raif

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

you can refer the below guide for PI 7.1

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid - Did you check under SAP NetWeaver 7.4(latest version - if not please let us know the version you are looking for)

For the installation guides:

Java :

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000877562012E/java_nw_win_sql.pdf

Dual stack :

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000877542012E/abapjava_nw_win_sql.pdf\\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish and Hareesh,

Thank you for your tips!

Tell me one thing... in PAM I only find the following SAP product which I believe it is the Processing Integration system product for SAP, am I right?

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

I ask you, this is the only version of SAP Process Integration that is available in SAP Marketplace?

Thank you,

samid raif

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check it under SAP NetWeaver .. search for SAP NetWeaver 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

But where!? In PAM (service.sap.com/pam)? In PAM I only see this list of SAP products and the only that show me the name PI is the SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

Kind regards,

samid raif

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's part of SAP Netweaver 7.4.. Just open and  you should be able to find it..

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

you can also refer the below help page for more information

https://help.sap.com/nw74

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh Gampa and Harish Mistri,

Hum... but tell me one thing, sorry for this question because I´m new in SAP Processing Integration (PI). As I understand there are two types of PI, am I right? One is the SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 and the SAP Netweaver Process Integration 7.1 Including Enhancement Package 1 and there are other type of PI systems that are integrated with other SAP products, I´m saying this because it seems to me there are two types or ways to install the PI system, if you see the following page https://help.sap.com/nwpi you see there is a section "Separate Releases of Process Integration" which is different from other sections!

Can you explain me this in detail?

Thanks,

samid raif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish Mistri,

Look at my last answer in this thread. Can you explain me that please? Can you explain me my doubts?

Thanks,

samid raif

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid -

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 and the SAP Netweaver Process Integration 7.1 Including Enhancement Package 1 and there are other type of PI systems that are integrated with other SAP products.

precisely - It's just an upgraded version. EHP release of 7.1.

Before 7.1, it was exchange infrastructure and from 7.1 onward we cal it as Process Integration.

May be 7.1&7.1 EHP were not released as part of the net weaver bundle which could be the reason they are categorized separately. - It's just my assumption

same thing confirmed here -

new PI 7.3 part of the SAP Netweaver 7.3 install packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh Gampa,

Ok! But tell me one thing, if I install a SAP Netweaver 7.3 the PI is integrated on it? If so, I need to perform an activation of PI, am I right? If so, how can I perform this kind of activation?

Thank you,

samid raif

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid - You don't install "Net weaver 7.3". once you run the SAPinst...

To install an SAP Process Integration system, choose SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SAP Systems Process

Integration <System Variant> .

Please go through the installation document.

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001259972010E/abapjava_nw_win_sql_751.pdf

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good one -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh Gampa,

Can you explain me more better what´s that (Process Orchestration)? It is a new SAP product? It is a new version/generation of Process Integration? The name was changed?

Can you clarify me please?

Thank you,

samid raif

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid - If you have gone through the above blog- you might have noticed "It has been said many time that Process Orchestration (PO), which bundles PI, BPM and BRM functionality together, can be installed as a single SID.  "

It's fine if you don't want to use BPM and BRM as the "Licensing for NetWeaver Process Orchestration is CPU-base and calculated based on the combined sizing of PI, BPM and BRM capabilities"