cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO installation doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m SAP Basis/administrator and I need to perform a SAP APO installation! Can you tell me how can I do that, because I didn´t understand yet which SAP product I must install... APO is a add-on or it is a SAP system itself?

Thank you,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samid,

APO is a module of SCM Server, although SAP recently also offers it as an addon for the later ECC releases.  SCM Server is typically installed as a separate instance.  You can find the installation guides for SCM Server in the SAP Service Marketplace here

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000695988&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&

Look down the left side until you see the version you wish to install, clik on it, then search in the detail for the installation guides (plus other docs that are of interest to a Basis person)

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy 49,

First of all thank you for trying to help me!

I will install the SAP SRM 7.0 EHP3 but tell me one thing... if the APO is a module of SCM, I will need to enable/activate something in SAP SRM 7.0 EHP3 system after the installation?

Other question... what is the SAP SCM Optimizer, for which purpose I need to install it?

Kind regards,

samid raif

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samid,

Regarding your question SAP SCM Optimizer, Please refer below link

SCM Optimizers - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

and personally I find below FAQs very helpful -

FAQ about the setup of SCM Optimizer | Optimization Consulting Notes | SAP Techies

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samid,

????  SRM and SCM are two completely separate solutions.  They are not directly related.  The objects you activate will depend upon the business requirements.

If you want to know about installing SRM, see the installation guide here:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000065941&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy 49,

Sorry... my appologies I wrote wrong, what I meant was SCM and not SRM!

So can you answer to my questions...

I will install the SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3 but tell me one thing... if the APO is a module of SCM, I will need to enable/activate something in SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3 system after the installation?

Other question... what is the SAP SCM Optimizer, for which purpose I need to install it?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samid,

Depends upon what you want.  If you just want APO, nothing additional is required.

Like many SAP solutions, you can optionally activate additional specific Business Functions, but these are not a requirement just to get APO up and running.

You will need to create a LiveCache instance; which is almost always on a separate server.  If you wish to implement either Optimizer or Capable-To-Match, you will also need an optimizer server.  I suggest that you don't implement the optimizer unless you know up front that you will be needing it (you will discover this fact when you gather your business requirements).

All of this information is covered in the installation guide.  Rather than waste further time in this thread, why not just download the IG and begin to study it.  You will need to become familiar with it anyway before you begin your APO journey.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy 49,

Thanks for your last answer.

Now I´m facing a problem... I´m trying to install SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3 to do this I downloaded the Software Provision Manager 1.0 (SWPM) the latest version the SP05 and as it mentioned in installation guide and also in sap note 1680045 - Release Note for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP05 I downloaded the 70SWPM*.SAR file. When I started the SWPM I don´t see in there any installation option specific to install the SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3, I don´t know where is it! I only see in there the installation option for SAP SCM 7.0 EHP2 and EHP1 as you can see in the following image:

Can you tell me where is the installation option for SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3? Can you help me please?

Thank you,

samid raif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy 49,

Forget my last message, I already solved that, the installation option for SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3 is in Software Provision Manager the SWPM*.SAR version and not the 70SWPM*.SAR!

See the following link with the resolution:

Thanks anyway,

samid raif