Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to SOAP

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I  have a proxy which gets converted into an XML in PI. I need to send it to third party and we were exploring all options. The third party mentioned that he can create a service and requested us the structure.

I am bit confused here. Normally we use webservice to send request and get response. In this case, can i call their service to send my xml data and just get response. Is it something logical? I am confused whether it is a pull or push mechanism? Do i need to use soap receiver only?

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If they're exposing a service then must provide you the WSDL. But maybe they are expecting you define the structure of the message you will send in order to use that structure into their service and then give you the WSDL for consuming.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, your third party should provide you with the wsdl..

am bit confused here. Normally we use webservice to send request and get response. In this case, can i call their service to send my xml data and just get response. Is it something logical.

>>> Your web service call can be asynchronous where you don't get a response. Just post the xml message to your webservice.

Yes. you can use soap receiver. It would be push

Have a look at the below blog.. the only change is you got proxy sender but everything remains same..