cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Earlywatch reports generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Currently in our early watch reports generation the early watch is delivered without any problem. But the main topic here is the report is being generated 3 times.

I have checked the DSWP in solution manaer and ther is only one action scedule. Then I did a single clic on the service scheduled and there is one sessión number.

In the satellite system I checked and there are 3 sessions number.

1 is related to the Solution Manaer service scheduled, but there are 2 additional sessions which I have no idea why they are being generated.

The early watch is generated 3 times, but with session number different.

This happens in differente satellite systems (BW, CRM..)

Do you have any sugestion about this you can share, please?

Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

SAP Solution Manager Tool patch 24

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamare,

As suggested by check for different solution if you are getting three reports than obviously
there are some sessions running somewhere.

Please check for different solution. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in SMSY > System Groups and Logical Components > Solution Landscapes.

By default SOLMAN_SETUP creates solution "SAP Solution", but you can have many "solution" collections. Each solution is a list of logical components. There are reasons why you may have multiple solutions, such as all BW systems or all production systems.  So check each solution for existence of your BW system.

It is not an error to have your BW system in multiple solutions, just an explanation for multiple EWA each week.

Another idea: Your (managed) system predates solution manager.  You still have EWA controlled by OSS.  SDCC/SDCCN on managed system should display scheduled EWA sessions and their respective data target.  If O0x, x a small integer, is displayed in SDCCN (tab to do) as task system ID for a SAP EarlyWatch Alert task this is the case.

Another idea: for whatever reason last weeks EWA wasn't found.  Ditto previous weeks.  By default SDCCN searches history for 21 days and supplies EWA data collection for each scheduled EWA in recent past not already supplied with data.

This would happen if you discovered the read or the back rfc user locked...

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken.

I think I found the issue.

I followed the path you mentioned.

[Check in SMSY > System Groups and Logical Components > Solution Landscapes]

There are multiple "Solution Landscape operation" item (3) which contains the same Logical component (BI). This means here we can find the 3 EWA reports generated.

I assume once I remove 2 logical components in 2 "Solution Landscape operation" item, finally Solution Manager will generate only one EWA Report.

But before performing this, would you mind to comment the follwiing,please?

* If I only remove the logical component (BI) and the "Solution Landscape operation" item remains empty; The ewa report generated by this solution will not be generated anymore? Or should I remove the entire "Solution Landscape operation" item which contains the logical component in order to avoid an extra ewa report generation?

* is there any additional activity before I delete the "Solution Landscape operation" item or the logical component which I should perform on Solution Manager or in the satellite system?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

You now have an explanation for multiple EWAs.

Now you need to explain the purpose of the 3 solutions.

If you delete logical components just to cut back on EWAs, you may break something else.

If you want to eliminate 2 of 3 emails, just edit the distribution list of each solution.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken.

I will check with customer. But since my point of view there is not any explanation why the solution can be set 3 times with the same logical component.

Did you faced with this multiple solution related to the same logical sistem before?

Or what scenario do you think this can be possible?

how can i check the distribution list of each solution as you mentioned?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamare

Go to TX: DSWP and double click on the SOLUTION that you want to maintain the E-Mail address,

Then from the Menu bar go to EDIT and choose Automatic E-Mail Configuration, which allows you to Create a new E-Mail recipient and also allows you to delete an Existing recipient as well.

Hope it clarifies your Question.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra kakani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken.

I have not forget the reward points regarding this topic.

Just another question, hope you can send some comments regarding this, please.

I have performed the following:

* In the section "System Gorup and logical component" I deleted the the logical component on 2 solutions landscape defined and 1 logical component was remaining.

As a result in the satellite system 2 sessions numbers were deleted automatically and put those 2 sessions in "Deleted" tab.

My questions are the following:

*** Performing the steps done in solution Manager are enough in order to avoid the 2 times generation of the EWA report, since the two sessions were placed in "Deleted" sessions automatically in the satellite system

*** How can I deactivate the service of EWA generation in the Solman for one "Solution" in the DSWP transaction Code? The deactivation of EWA can be done in DSWP, or which transaction code this can be done in?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francescoy

As far as I know, EWA is automatically generated for production technical system when the logical component is added to the solution. You'll note a logical component has space for technical systems with other than production role. You can lie.

In SM 701 one of the workcenters allows you to adjust EWA EWA4S...

You can turn EWA4S on or off but for EWA you can only select day of week.

So trans SOLMAN_WORKCENTER and solution manager admin tab. You need the SAP_SMWORK_SM_ADMIN role. I'm sorry.

I Can't verify this as I no longer have a 701 system. I also suggest you give yourself all the SAP_SMWORK* roles, then you can see all the tabs.

ON SM 7.1 sp 10 SOLMAN_SETUP has a configuration section dedicated to EWA and EWA4S but you still can only turn off EWA by using non-prod role in logical component.

Ken

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In solution manager you can have multiple solutions. Each solution is a group logical components pointing at product systems. So for ABAP a particular client, for java a system.

product systems are allowed to be in multiple solutions.

you can display solutions in SMSY irrespective of SOLMAN release. They are on the 2nd tab bottom left logical components and ...

if you get 3 ewas for a system it may be in 3 solutions...

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken.

Thank you for the comments.

I will take our current BW system as an example. Once the solution is reached I can replicate into the other sap instances.

I checked under SMSY -> System Groups and Logical components-> Logical components -> SAP NetWeaver -> Business Warehouse

And there is only one entry for my BW system.

I checked other solutions, and i did not find any additional BW logical compnent entry.

Can you give another suggestion pease?