Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No maintenance cycle is open for the current system - CHARM

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys, facing another issue after Upgrading Solution Manager 7.01 to 7.1

Our plan is to still using old CHARM Interface without migrating yet to new 7.1 UI

When trying to create an Urgent Correction, there is an error message displaying

No maintenance cycle is open for the current system

IBase component is not a production system in system landscape

Are both messages related on each other

How can i Verify the IBase Component 1/35  is a Production System, since BWP is actually BI Production

On the long text message it request to activate a Maintenance Cycle

Diagnosis

There are no active maintenance cycles in SAP Change Manager for the related system, possibly because the system landscape is currently being reorganized.

System Response

The transaction is therefore incorrect or the status has been reset by the system.

Procedure

To be able to process the transaction further, activate a maintenance cycle.

Procedure for System Administration

Check the maintenance landscape for the current system in SAP Change Manager. Open a new maintenance cycle if necessary.

I have read Dolores blog

Its great to understand better these errors, but since I'm little experience of CHARM, is still dificult to pinpoint and troubleshoot these issues

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Kindly check the below upgrade guide for charm(section 4)....you need to have a transition phase to complete the upgrade

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001056012011E.PDF

Upgrade Roadmap - Solution Manager 7.0 to 7.1 with Service Desk/ChaRM

Regards

Prakhar

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar, thanks for those documents

On the document you provided, Chapter 4 0 explains the roadmap for Upgrading CHARM Functionalities

The document explains the former Change Request Management scenario can still be used after an upgrade to the SAP Solution

Manager release 7.1. SAP anyways recommends a transition phase

It says all new Change Request Management processes are created with the new object types and processed within the SAP WebClient

and old change message can still be processed on old interfase

The objective at the moment, is Upgrading Solution Manager system to 7.1, but using CHARM as it was originally customized on 7.01.

Is this feasible, or as I understand, is mandatory to perform the entire CHARM Migration in order to create new Requests?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

yes you have got it right now.

you can process old messages but create new message with new transaction type.

Technically CRM component within solman is upgrade that is why it is now poured with entire ITSM features

so in another words you are doing here a functional Upgrade like we do it in ERP etc

thus you need to complete the upgrade by adapting to new interface/transaction type/authorization objects etc.

I hope this helps you to decide and work further.

happy to help again

Regards

Prakhar

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

if you want to continue using ChaRM in the old way while you decide when it's the right moment to upgrade it, it's possible. Please check this part of Dolores blog :

1.7. How to work with charm projects

The maintenance cycle phases remains without changes in solman 7.1.

For old projects, project created in solman 7.0, you can choose several options:

- you can close the maintenance cycles-task list and create a new ones after the upgrade or

-  you can leave the old projects maintenance cycles open and use them with the old SDMN after the upgrade

All old projects will be stored in a special table at the first  start after  upgrade and  for these old projects you can  work  with it in the same way  as in the past, table /TMWFLOW/OLDPROJ.

All new created projects will be generated within the new crm_ui environment.

You also have the possibility to enter a new created project in table /tmwflow/switch and if you do so an old crm-document will be created  if you generate tasklist and service desk transaction out of transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

So, there are several possibilities depending on your needs and decision about on which environment you want to work.

After you upgrade, you will find all your old maintenance projects in a table called /tmwflow/oldproj. If your old project is in this table, you will not find error when creating new Urgent Changes, because the system understands that the maintenance cycle is of type SDMN or SDMM (depending on the variant you use), and then it will expect that the old transaction types like SDHF and SDMJ will be created.

But the problem is when you need to have a new maintenance project. The next time you create a maintenance project, now in SolMan 7.1, the maintenance cycle created when you activate ChaRM will be of type SMMN or SMMM. These transaction types only work with the new objects like SMHF and SMMJ. At this point, you will have a maintenance cycle in the new transaction type, and Urgent Changes or Normal Changes are only configured to be created in the old transaction types. This mix is not possible. And then you have the error: “There is no active task list in the assigned project”

I assume you are facing error with maintenance cycle created after the upgrade, am I correct?

As she said, you need to include the new maintenance project in table /tmwflow/switch before you create the maintenance cycle. This way, the maintenance cycle will be created as SDMN or SDMM (old way) and your urgent changes will work properly.

So, if you want to use ChaRM for some time still 100% in the old way while you decide to implement the new version, this is the solution. I've done this more than once and it works smoothly.

If the error is happening with and old maintenance cycle, then I recommend you to do the following:

- Check the status of the maintenance cycle (it may have happened that the cycle was really closed and you will need to create a new one).

- Check if the old project is in table /tmwflow/oldproj

- Ensure that you applied the master note for ChaRM for the Support Package you have.

Best regards,

Raquel

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raquel for your valuable input!

The error is with an existing project created in version 7.01, but have checked table /tmsflow/oldproj and its empty.

What I have done is running the CHARM Wizard which applied Master Note for SPS10 and run Automatic Configurations.

Any explanation why /tmsflow/oldproj and its empty or it was migrated during Wizard configurations?

Thanks for your help!

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

for some reason that I can't be sure, there was probably a type of mismatch between old and new cycles during the installation of 7.1 (there is a procedure during the installation that checks the existence of old cycles) and then the entries corresponding to your projects were not inserted in table /tmwflow/oldproj.

What you can do to solve it is:

- enter manually the entries in table /tmwflow/oldproj

or

- go to se24, select Class /TMWFLOW/CL_PROJECT_MANAGER

- select menu option Class->Test

- select method ARCHIVE_SDMN_PROJECTS and test it (see picture).

This procedure cleans the table and recreates it. If it's empty, it should fill it.

By the way, withdraw the wrong Urgent Change and approve the Change Request again to create a new one. Most of the times the combination Recheck + Set to in Development does not work in errors related to Task list missing.

Best regards,

Raquel

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After executing the procedure you mentioned, the table /tmwflow/oldproj was filled but I'm still having same error related to

No maintenance cycle is open for the current system

IBase component is not a production system in system landscape

How can i verify a Mainteance Cycle is Open for that system?

Also, why does it says IBase component is not a Production system, BWP 500 is a Productive client

After checking Project Status, I found out its locked. I believe this is where the issue may be.

On Dolores blog, it mentions to check project being locked. I will check this and let you know the outcome

Thanks a lot for your help!

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can open the maintenance cycle to unlock it in transaction SCMA or from the tab Change Request Management in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. The number of the corresponding maintenance cycle is in column task list of the table /tmwflow/projmap (I can't see in your picture if it's M000000145 or 165).  If you open SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN you will see it, and also the number of the corresponding CRM document (SDMN). You can always check maintenance cycles and task lists for projects and urgent changes in transaction /tmwflow/maintinst.

You can also see if a maintenance cycle is closed or open in the CRM document (jump to it from SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN or in CRM_DNO_MONITOR).

It says that your client is not productive in the landscape because it can't find this client in any active maintenance cycle.

Good luck,

Raquel

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel

I opened that Maintenance Cycle at it says its active on the Top Task List, and locked on the sub-items

But i verified it against the original system and it has the same status.

The only difference I'm seeing in on the table /TMWFLOW/PROJMAP

In the Original system is not locked, and in the Test System is locked? (as detailed on previous post)

According to Dolores Blog, i should run Refresh in solar_project_admin, but after doing this is still locked.

The error message is

Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONSISTENCY: System BWD-500 has predecessor system

Thanks again Raquel!

Maintenance Cycle Status

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

BWD 500 has which system role in your test project? I can only see in the maintenance cycle screen that your dev is BWD 200.

Please send me the screenshot of tables /TMWFLOW/TTRCKHC and /TMWFLOW/TTRCKEC. Your transport tracks seem to be inconsistent. It seems that a target system (such as QAS) is set as single system but has a previous system in table /TMWFLOW/TTRCKEC, which causes the error you have (has a predecessor).

If BWD 500 is a QAS system and it's not configured as "Target Systems" in the system role assignment (for instance, if it's set as Single System), your project will be locked by ChaRM consistency check.

If this is the case, in order to unlock your project, do the following:

- Go to SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, tab System Landscape->Systems

- Scroll down and click the pencil in "System Role Assignment"

- Select "Edit System Roles"

- Check if the QAS systems have Type of Role as Target Systems. If not, change it. Save.

See picture below:

- Now Refresh again the project in the Change Management->Change Request Mgt area. And repeat the check.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Raquel

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel! Thanks for your continuous support!

I was looking for differences between actual Productive SolMan and Test Solman

As you mentioned, BWD 500 is the system defined as Development and BWP 500 as Productive, there is no QA System in this BW Landscape

As you noticied, on the Maintenance Cycle, BWD 200 is defined as Development, and it may lead to an incosistence but after verifiying original system, is the same configuration on both Solution Managers

Both System definitions are the same under Project System Landscape

The only differences I found was on tables

/TMWFLOW/TTRCKHC and /TMWFLOW/TTRCKEC.

Original System

Test System. It has a couple more entries and transport layer changes from SAP to ZBWD

Many thanks again for helping understand CHARM Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

It Seems when you trying to create an Urgent correction is failing to check the system landscape of BW.

• Could you please check whether any inconsistencies  in TMS of BW landscape.
  • Please recheck your System roles again  as said by Raquel.
  • Go to TX: Solar_Project_Admin--->System landscape---->Change Management and do Refresh  and check the status and also do a Consistency check   and check the log
  • Check in  TX:SLG1 for application error messages.You will get some clue about the error  message.

Kind Regards

Phaneendra

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phaneendra

Im aware its failing when creating an Urgent Request in BW System, so thats why Im providing screenshots to Raquel to determine where is the issue.

See attached the Applications logs and System Roles verification on my previous entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Did you find any  inconsistencies on BW TMS.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I can't understand how you may have a maintenance cycle with a task list where DEV is BWD 200, and no BWD 500 is included, if BWD 500 is everywhere as the source system (in the log component, in the track tables and projmap tables). If the dev system of the project was changed from DEV 200 to DEV 500 one day, the maintenance cycle should have been closed and a new one created.. All urgent changes have their task lists created based on the maintenance cycle, which means that the creation of transports should be done in the DEV of the maintenance cycle... But you said it's working like this in SSM, correct? :S  Don't you receive inconsistencies warning in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN?

How is the transport route defined?

Regards,

Raquel

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Phaneendra

Charm is working for creating Urgent Changes in BW Landscape.

The error is happening on a test system which was upgraded to 7.1, on the productive system everything is ok.

Regards!

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

I will verify that , this is a customer client, so we have some limitations and pre-configured projects, Upgrade went fine on the test system (SMT) but we need also to verify CHARM cycle is working before upgradind Productive System (SSM)

Thanks again!

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel, Indeed BWD client changed from 200 to 500 last year, so they keep using old Maintance Cycle but Customer is not getting these consistency errors on the Productive Solution Manager System (SSM) while refreshing or updating in the Project's tab Change Requests.

I have checked that Mainteanance Cycle where its stated BWD 200, but this is just and out-dated text.

Anyways, i will check again on the Productive System if the Consistency Checks works fine.

And I will send an screenshot of BW Landscape Transport Route.

Thanks again!

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

Should I add manually all Domain Controllers of BW and ERP Landscapes in STMS System Configuration?

For example on Production System (SSM) these is how looks STMS, while On testsolman it only has SMT system defined.

CHARM when performing a Check, automatically makes Solution Manager as External Domain Controller?

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

your transport domains must be linked to the SMT domain. You can see that you have a link in the second column (Type). Please link your BW and ERP domains to SMT. You should see the same screen as in SSM.

You can check blog for details.

Regards,

Raquel

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

how is it going? Any news?

Cheers,

Raquel

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel, i was about to write you.

After creating the domain links to BW and ERP in Test Solution Manager, we had some issues related to TMS communication.

ERP Landscape was able to get connected but BW was still getting error, so we proceeded to remove the BWD and BWP Entries from the Mainteanance Cycle and the Consistency Check went fine despite some warnings.

After doing this, No maintenance cycle is open for the current system went away,

So it was a great advance.

After this, customer reported another error; There is no active task list in the assigned project.

I thought it was a authorization issue, but after replicating the issue and creating a new Urgent Request, it went fine, the cycle was able to be completed.

So Basically the issue was on the Consistency Check on the system, causing the project to be locked.

Thanks a lot for your help! You were amazing helping me out on this issue.

Now we will try to fix BW TMS Communication Issue, and keep testing.

As you told me in previous threads, its not mandatory to migrate CHARM to 7.1.

The only limitation is that New Mainteance Projects are created on the new User Interfase, and the trick to keep it on old-SAPGUI is adding it to /tmwflow/switch table

Maintance cycles does have any limitations or can be created in old 7.0 enviroment?

Thanks Again!

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

if the project is inside table /tmwflow/oldproj (which means it's an old project created before the upgrade) or if the new project is inside /tmwflow/switch, the maintenance cycle will always be created as old one (SDMN, SDMM).

I'm happy to have helped you solve your issues

Saludos cordiales,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raqueal,

We are also facing same issue. Our project is also showing locked in table /TMWFLOW/PROJMAP.

I tried to check in Tcode SCMA as suggested by you. There everything seems to be unlocked.

We also checked Tcode /TMWFLOW/MAINTINST. Here also its showing Project is "In Progress"

Would you please explain what exactly we need to do for unlocking the project.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ashish Gaurav

Answers (0)