Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Billing Subscription : Periodic

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

The requirement from our client is as follow: Whenever we receive the communication for cancellation of subscription....we need to stop the billing plan for revenue recognition and we need Recognize the revenue Immediately for the balance life of the billing plan Immediately.... while recognizing this revenue Current month revenue needs to post to one GL account and balance months next to current month needs to post to another GL account...

Analysis from my end.... we need to develop a new condition type to calculate the total revenue of balance months next to current month and one more view point from my end whenever we receive info for cancellation of subscription billing plan end date may be the cancellation date that is with in the current month, so we can recognize total revenue immediately

So could you help me in this how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kundan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two fields "Receipt of cancellation" and "Requested cancellation date" are there in Contract Data tab.  Whatever date you maintain here, your Billing Plan value would decrease accordingly.  Have you tried this by maintaining current date and future date?

G. Lakshmipathi

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

No there is not Contract Data tab.

Business Process:

Suppose as per below snap shot.

From 03/08/2014 to 03/31/2014 the customer is invoiced. So nothing to do with that billing phase.

Now if customer comes on 04/16/2014 and he want to cancel the subscription for the remaining phase. So as per business requirement. he has to billed for those days which he had use the subscription. i.e. from 04/01/2014 to 04/15/2015, there will be a charge which will go into one G/L and for the remaining days i.e. from 04/16/2014 to 04/30/2014 there will be also charge but this should go into other G/L with different condition type. So how it can be possible.

Note: Customer can't cancelled the subscription in between the month, he has to complete the same month till end and then he can can cancelled the subscription from the next month. But on the value should be split to different G/L with different Condition type.

So please guide me some steps to get this...

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards,

Kundan