cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS/DB Migration - liveCache download data missing post migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN.

We have a bemusing issue with a SCM 7.1 system migration.

As part of this migration between OS platforms we are downloading the liveCache into ORACLE pre-migration and then uploading back into a new liveCache instance on the target.

This is all done using SAP standard program /SAPAPO/OM_LC_DOWNLOAD_UPLOAD

For those who know this program it's split into 3 sections

A) Essentially prep and consistency checks - clearing out any old downloads

B) Download liveCache data in into ORACLE (or other rdbms)

C) Upload (re-initialise liveCache and upload data back into it)

However despite confirming in Section B on the source (section 5) that there is a confirmed download of data, once we get to the target, post-migration, we find that when we re-run this program it doesn't seem to think there is any data download available (i.e. Section B: 5 has turned red).

Now I've run this for other migrations and the download was still visible post migration.

Has anyone seen similar issues?

What would also be very useful would be if anyone knows what ORACLE level tables the download would be stored in so that we can check source & target databases to ensure the OS/DB migration included these in the mig process

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jamie,

1. Please post more details on the source & target systems

* What are the version & SP stack?

* What are the versions of liveCache/LCA including the builds?

* What are the OS platform of the liveCache servers < "uname -a" >?

* What steps are you perfirmed for the Oracle DB migration?

2. SAP note 632357 for Livecache migration steps could be used if you migrated from one system to another without upgrade version, for example, SCM 7.01 source system to SCM 7.01 target system.

The download cluster tables could be lost if you run the migration with upgrade.

3. How about A1 step of /SAPAPO/OM_LC_DOWNLOAD_UPLOAD.

Is it showing that you still have the data in download tables.

"Section B: 5 has turned red" => What message you see for this step?

Could you see the "*download*" jobs in /nsm37 at the time when you run the download step on the source system?

There are SCM DB cluster tables, like:

/SAPAPO/OMDWNUPL               Data for Download/Upload

/SAPAPO/OMDWNUPT               Texts for Download/Upload

which used for the transaction liveCache data download/upload. Those tables accessed by download/upload //OM FM and reports.

4. Did you create the SAP message to BC-DB-LCA component?

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

NB we considered instead backing up the liveCache on the source (HPUX) and restoring to the target (RHEL) but I believe you have to be on certain versions for this to work and I'm not confident on compatibility

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

1) Refer SAP note 632357 for Livecache migration

2) Apply all recommended notes from 1008187

3) In section A of /SAPAPO/OM_LC_DOWNLOAD_UPLOAD report you recommended to delete the planning versions & data which you don't need on the system. Run all inconsistencies & delete the superfluous data.

4) Are you doing unicode conversion as well ?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak - we have completed section A PRE migration

As well as section B at start of downtime

We are now POST migration and wondering why section B:5 is now red rather than showing a confirmed backup to utilise..

NB no univode convert - it's already unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

A great tip if anyone knows would be how to check ORACLE-layer level tables to "see" the liveCache download is there on source and target (post migration) - anyone know?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

As you have performed all the right steps as per SAP note 632357, my suggestion is to raise an OSS for the current issue.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we've done that indeed - thanks Deepak - SCN is simply quicker and often more knowledgeable than SAP 1st line

Really what I want to know is the location/details of the ORACLE tables the download goes into - once I can poke around there it'll be much easier to work out what is going on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/SAPAPO/OMDWNUPL is the table on SCM DB where livecache data is downloaded via  /SAPAPO/OM_LC_DOWNLOAD_UPLOAD.

Its always good practice to make sure this table entry is not empty before taking DB backup for migration.