cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Available Universe in List for a User?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to restrict particular user for particular country at universe level for this what i have done and what happened is following:

I have created a "Data Security Profile" and assigned it to a user and save it in IDT.

When that user login into BI launch pad, browse for available universe, No universes are showing there.

In "Data Security Profile" i have restricted the row for particular country only, nothing else(screen shot attached).I have not created any "business security profile" for that user.

Why this user is not able to see any listed universe?

Additionally correct me if i am wrong that i think by assigning this security profile to this user he will be only able to view data for 'UK' in universe, other user can see all the data.

Please help and let me know if you want more details.

Thanks,

Shardendu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shardendu,

Please try removing the Data security once. If its working fine, then it can be with Data Security! else we may have to specific rights...

Let me know after this.

Regrads,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

After removing data security profile still not able to see any listed universe!

Can you mention the steps for assigning specific rights to a user?

Thanks for the reply.

Shardendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shardendu,

Please make sure the below right is enabled for the user(Corresponding access level). Also make sure the access level has been added on the Universe Top Level folder.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Siva all the access levels are enabled.What do you mean by:

Also make sure the access level has been added on the Universe Top Level folder.

How to check it?

Please help!