cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto start and complete of SFC at an operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have come across a scenario where the SFC's need to be started and Completed automatically without a POD, is it possible without ME customization?

Please help.

Thanks, Eshwar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar,

Yes, this is possible through either Plant Connectivity or Plant Connectivity-MII depending the complexity of the scenario.  However, this requires that PCo be able to retrieve the SFC through one of its interfaces.  Can you describe your requirements in more detail?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have a ME routing with four operations. I would be starting and completing the SFC at first operation using POD. For second and third operations I dont want to use the POD for SFC start and complete, this should be done in background may be at POST_COMPLETE of first operation. and If I go to fourth operation , my SFC sholud present at this operation.

Give me some insights on how to achieve this in ME.

Regards, Eshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eshwar

But what data is being collected in ME at steps 2 and 3? If the SFC should just be in queue for step 4 after completing step 1, then steps 2 and 3 should not be on the ME routing. Just because the steps are physically there in production does not mean you have to model them as steps in ME.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stuart,

I am not collecting any data or logging NCs. I have to comsume some components in background (operator does not scan) at steps 2 and 3. Thats why we included these steps in production.

Regards, Eshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SFC does not necessarily have to be at steps 2 or 3 to assemble the components at those steps. How are you intending to assemble them "in the background"?

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

We need to show the SFC's are physically at which locations in a track image (Report), if we are not including step 2 and 3 in ME Routing how can we get a track image of where the job is phisically present?

And also some components which are getting assembled at step 2 and 3 have to be shown in genealogy.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Eshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you need to be interfacing your equipment at steps 2 and 3 to send assembly and start/complete messages to ME. SAP ME has webservices and PAPIs available for this - refer also to Steve's earlier suggestion you could consider using Plant Connectivity or Plant Connectivity-MII for the SAP supplied solution.