cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RFID Tag Read from SAP ITS mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also using MC3190 RFID Handheld and facing the same problem. can you guide me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what browser or Telnet service are you using to execute SAP ITS URLs...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply, we are using Internet Explorer for opening the URL.

I have another issues like

1. getting the scanned EPC value in the cursor position on the screen if datawedge application running in background but as soon as the EPC value appears int he field, the screen turns to "Page not found error" ( though in screen sequence next screen available) in short the problem is after getting EPC value in cursor field, without waiting for user/system action the page goes out.

2. I want to write the EPC value on the RFID tag using the handheld but its not happening

3. does the RFID handheld returns any value when EPC written succesfully on the tag ( such as tag written successfully )

your inputs will be really useful for me.

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard Internet Explorer will not work in case of RFID ( read / write ) functionality.

RFID integration works more complex than Barcodes, We need ActiveX installed on handheld device to integrate RFID functions.

This is mostly available in Industrial Browsers like  Wavelink or Pocket Browser. Standard IE is not sufficient to call RFID services.

Now, with ITS and RFID activeX, we need to write some Java Scripts to call those services. This is available in standard SAP as Device Include files ( SAP has coded only for Pocket Browsers!)

So, I would recommend to try calling the URL with one of the Industrial Browsers.

Let me know if you have questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Datawedge works only on empty field, then user has to press submit button to take those values and process it.. and moreover it brings only one EPC for every trigger.

Proper Java-scripts in Device Include files (INCLUDE/DI_SYMBOL) META codes and Industrial Browser specif codes to talk to RFID needs to be coded to achieve Write EPC functionality.