cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expenses (CATS) - cProjects 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once an internal order is created, the resource(s) assigned to the task(s) can capture effort in CATS which, after approval, flow back to cProjects and get populated with the 'Confirmed' field of the Additional Data tab (for tasks).

The resource would also capture 'Travel Costs' in CATS - for eg. airfare, other expenses etc. Once approved, where would these costs (expenses) be seen in cProjects front end?

Thanks and Regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

As far as I understand the process, the costs (actual costs due to efforts, and the travel costs) are booked at the assigned controlling object in ERP system. As the efforts and actual date have the logistic aspect, they are transfered back to the cProject system. The actual costs remain in the ERP system.

If the user in cProject system would like to display it, the evaluation has to be done, which uses the remote function call ERP system to retrieve the data accordingly.

To be my honest, I am not sure, if the evaluation layout 0_OLR3_COSTS fit for the internal order. Please assign this layout to the related project type, and test it.

And let me know the result.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

I have done the required in cProjects - created roles, assinged tasks and staffed roles. What's the next I need to do to be able to have these assigned tasks appear in CATS for time booking? Does SAP HR need to be in scope for this? How can the assigned resource book time and how would this time reach back cProjects?

I am on cProjects 4.0 - ECC 6.0

Any document that you have in this regard would be of great help. Please email at Swayam_p@yahoo.co.in just in case you have something.

Thanks

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swayam,

The prerequisites are the following to get the time sheet for the user.

1. The Identity of the user has to be mapped correctly in both system.

The best way to do it is to import the HR data from ERP system to cProject system, as BP. But it is not a must. But anyway, the identity has to be mapped.

2. The time period of the staffing has to be matched to the date for CAT2.

3. The profile of CAT2 has to be set correctly.

A. flag 'with worklist' => so that worklist will be displayed at all

B. flag 'from Projectassignment' => the worklist takes the cProject staffing into account.

C. Option 'Assignmnt of personel costs to master cost center' must NOT !!!! set. => this option is not support in cProject CATS scenario.

4. For the system setting, please refer the note 954860.

P.S: Please open a new thread, if the question is not the same of the title. So that other users can find the interesting information as well.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swayam, in addition to what Mr. Wang has mentioned, please run program DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF to transfer time to the front end. You may prefer to run this in batch also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanks for the response at length.

I have created BPs in cProject (role Employee) which I staff to roles in my project.

Should I have these BPs in SAP HR for the CATS related Time and Travel capture?

The challenge for us is SAP HR is not in scope. And we'd need to decide on this scope based on the requirement.

I am still not quite clear of how to have these resources appear in CATS for effort capture? Do I need to have them in the HR system?

cProjects and CATS are in the same system.

Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider this scenario:

SAP HR system - separate box

SAP cProjects - separate box

Please create your employees in SAP HR system using tcode pa40.

Go to transaction bd64; create a model view and add message type HRMD_ABA;

Add a BAPI --- Under this add Obj, name/interface - TimesheetCPRconnect

& Method - Transfer CPR;

Generate partner profile - Here select the cProjects system

Go to edit - Distribute the model

Now in the SAP HR system, use transaction PFAL, to transfer the resources to the cProject system; There are certain BADIs that need to be active for this transaction to work; Once the iDOCs get generated, the HR resources are converted to Business partners in the cProject systems.

In the cProject system, create a project, task and assign the tasks to any resource that you have just transferred from the HR system. Release the task.

In the HR system, use transaction cat2, select the appropriate HR profile and the personnel for which you want to confirm the task. In this case, the person to whom the task has been allocated in the cProjects system. In the time sheet, enter the time and save.

Run the program DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF, to transfer the time to the cProjects front end.

p.s. I hope you find the above response useful. In case it is, please reward points

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swayam,

Just like I know, with HR the CAT2 will not work.

The mapping between the BP in cProject and the person in CAT2 is done via the central person. And the related transaction PA30 (or others) belongs to HR. It is independent, if the cProject and ERP are in the same system or not.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo