cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import manager - Configuration window bug???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Experts,

I am importing date formats into my Dm and the import manager automatically closes when i scroll on the configuration window.

I am just unable to scroll down to the dates option.

The MDm version is MDM 7.1 SP10. Can someone please help as this is really urgent?

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Re-install Import Manager in ur local machine again. Or check with your other team mates whether they are also getting the same issue. This appears more of a UI issue than anything else. A re-installation will do the needful.

Keep us updated with your findings.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

I am not sure of the problem because it must allow you to scroll down on the config Window.

Try this, use the current format in your excel sheet and then try to change it thru the Import Manager Configurations. You may also try deleting other columns in the sheets and test.

Also try taking a restart of the MDS, may be it will help.

Thanks and Regards,

Shahid Noolvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

If I understood you correct you are importing data through import manager which has values in date filed.

You want to change the format of date using Import manager configuration option.

And the window crashes when you do that.

Can you tell in which format you are importing the file.excel csv..etc

Also check if you have authorization in Import manager folder in you local desktop.Some times if authorization is not present and import managers tries to create logs in your local desktop the screen crashes.

Thanks and Regards

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vaibhav,

I am using an excel file and loading a map after that.  I do have authorisation to change workflows in that window. So i suppose i have all authorisations?

I have tried via local as well as citrix server. the results are same. Also this is not specific to my user as other team members are also experienceing this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Two questions -

1.Does this happen for new map also?

2.Is the data volume big?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The volume is very less. Only ten records. I will try with a new map and let you know in 2 hours.

Thanks,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It hapens without a map as well for a new map also. We are able to scroll till just above the Date (Numerals section) But after that it closes 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

As Shahid correctly said,please change the source.One of the possibilities with excel is that that unwanted blank entries are treated as data.So checking with a fresh source can be helpful to eliminate this potential cause.

Thanks,

Ravi