cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a Webdynpro Application with some action, if it is opened with a Tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am looking to get some info regarding my post over here.

Scenario 1:

I opened my webdynpro application in SAP GUI (created a tcode for my webdynpro application and ).

Now, I have to add some button where I have to write a piece of code to close the GUI screen along with the webdynpro application. (ie, entire Tcode where the webdynpro application is shown, should be closed)

Please let me know if you have some info on this.

Scenario 2:

If the above scenario is not possible, then I wanted to know if I can call some screen in SAP GUI.

Note: The GUI screen must be called only from the webdynpro application that is opened with a tcode in SAP GUI.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iamvivekrk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekar,

This is my suggestion on what you are trying to bring up here, does creating a button in your t-code screen and declaring an event on-click action for the t-code (SESSION_MANAGER) which is the transaction for the initial home screen fulfil your requirement ?..

Cheers,

Vivek Raj Kumar M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

No, I am not expecting the Session Manager screen to be displayed.

I am looking for these.

Either my current screen (Webdynpro screen that is made to open in SAP GUI with Tcode) has to be closed with some action.

or

I have to call some screen in the same scenario.

Explanation:

In the Workitem screen (Workflow), I am giving some link where I can access a webdynpro screen.

Here I have created a Tcode for the Webdynpro screen and I am calling the Tcode by that link which I placed under the Workitem screen.

Now, if user makes respective changes in the webdynpro screen hitting that link, he/she has to get back to the previous screen. (ie. Workitem screen).

mahesh_jagnani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try this:-

Window Plugs: Startup and Exit - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

You can close the WD Application by follwoing way-

Create a button in a view and assign an action on it.

Create on exit plug in window level and fire that in the view button action level.

Z2-wd comp.
NAME

EXT:-Window
exit plug name.

DATA lo_z2 TYPE REF TO ig_z2 .

lo_z2
=   wd_this->get_z2_ctr( ).

lo_z2
->fire_ext_plg(

).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

I got the thing what you said.

This is applicable if incase I open my screen in browser.

But, here I am opening my webdynpro screen through a Tcode in GUI.

Whats happening here if I implement your explanation is as follows

upon clicking some back button, it hits the exit plug which we create in Window controller.

As, I am executing the screen in GUI, it is going on dump.

Hope, i explained you clearly.

Kindly look into this and do needful.