Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value field does not updated in COPA Billing

former_member245440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing one issue in COPA.

We are created one Condition type ABC, this condition type we have selected the check box for Accruals in control data 2 ,then we are created one Account key 123 , in pricing procedure we have assigned this one ABC condition type to accrual account key 123.Then Vkoa setting in TAble one customer/mat/ acckey combination we have assign one g/l like transfer cost with (11 cost element) in provision for accrual column.

COPA side setting as been done :

step 1: user defined value field like NMR and this value field is assign in ke4i with respective condition type ABC  value filedNMR.

We are generated the billing document.in a/c document is below entry.

Customer a/c dr 10

Trasnfer Cost a/c dr 1

To Cost on sales a/c 11-

Above one 1 rs in coming in condition records in billing document.But In COpa document  my revunue is 10 rs with value filed, NMR  value filed  amount "1" is not updated.

Note :above condition type ABC  we are not selecting the statistical check box  in Pricing procedure

Please give me suggestion.

Regards

Reddyrrreddr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have used NMR value field for sales revenue condition also in KE4I. So in COPA it is updating 11-1=10.

If you want to update '1' separately in copa, please use different value filed.

Regards

Anand

former_member245440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TEam,

ANy body

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

I am not clear with your accounting entries

Your billing document does not Credit the Sales Revenue account? When you use an accrual key in your SD Pricing schema, the accounting entries are

1. Customer .....Dr 100 USD

Sales ..............Cr  100 USD

2. In addition, system will pass another acc entry using the GLs you assigned against your accrual key

Accrual P&L Account.. Dr 1 USD

Accrual Balance Sheet Acct...Cr 1 USD

The Column "G/L Account" in VKOA should have the P&L Account and the column "Provision acc" should have the Balnce sheet account.. I think you done the opposite

Br, Ajay M

former_member245440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

In my system below the entry was passed.

01 Customer a/c dr 30

50 COSales 30-

50 C0sales 1-

40 Trasnfer cost 1(is coming in condtion type in sales order)

in VKOA setting like Cust/Mat/Ac group combination

VKOFINMR(Chart of a/c)NMR0111ZTC

1234( Costsalesa/c )

11 Revenue

4567 (Trasnfer cost) P&l a/c with 11 revenue

Regards

Reddyrreddyrr

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The 1234 is what should update to COPA, if the COnd type is mapped to Value Field

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Try maintaining VKOA settings with KOFK alongwith KOFI setup and it will hopefully update values to COPA for GL 1234.

Since there is always 1 to 1 mapping of SD Condition type with COPA Value field in KE4I, the one maintain as 1234 values will only get updated in COPA and not the second leg values with GL 4567.

So in COPA, you would end up having values in NMR value field with reference to SD Condition type ABC as mapped in KE4I and not Revenue. Revenue will still remain as 10. For accruals normally, you should use balance sheet account and not P/L account. Hence mapping Transfer costs as P/L is wrong.

Hope the above information is helpful

Regards

Mustafa

former_member245440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for your reply.

Above your said KOFK i have tried but its not workable.

Transfer Cost is Balance sheet a/c? in case i am changing this g/l in VKOA setting.

So finally Gla/c 4567 is not updated in value filed "1" cost.

In case i am changing that balance sheet g/l the value is update in value filed "1"?

Just now i am changed the VKOA setting i have taken the B/sheet g/l like 8754 (Liability) and assigned in Provision a/c key.

In case i am changing that balance sheet g/l the value is not update value filed "1"?

Regards

Reddyrrreddyrr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

As far as I understand, any GL Account maintained in VKOA under provision column will not flow to COPA, be it B/S 8754 or P/L 4567.

The GL mapped under G/L Account column would essentially flow to COPA. Therefore in your case, values posted to GL 1234 should flow to NMR Value field through SD Condition type ABC.

I dont have access to system so can you check below options:

1) Once you had done KOFK, did you create the cycle from scratch to evaluate the results. If so and if its still not working, can you please share with us the output of the KEAT and / or KE4ST report for the billing document, posted to accounts.

2) Also check in the pricing procedure, if you set an account key under accruals column, then in VKOA, you need not have to mention seperate GL under Provision Column. Just maintain the GL account under "G/L account" column for each Account keys (4 records with KOFI & KOFK)

3) If above also doesnt help, test if removing the check from Accruals in the ABC Condition type configurations really helps, in which case you may need to maintain GL under provision column.

Will explore more options and will revert back hopefully by tuesday.

Hope it helps

Regards

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa

That's right. That's why I said 1234 will update to copa

If the acrual cond needs updating to copa, one workaround is to have one more condition type in pricing procedure as 100% of accrual condition. Make it as statistical and map to a cond type in ke4i

Br. Ajay M

former_member245440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

GM, I hope ur doing Good

thanks for ur Immediate response,As above discussion i have update the sanp Shots plz find

InKe4st t.code value field appeared my amount , but in vF03 its not updated my marketing cost plz let me know

Regards

Reddyrreddyr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy R

Have a look at the following SAP Note

17127 -
SD/CO-PCA Processing of accruals

Basically it means, the CE Category should be 12 for GL 1234 (GL 300006, as per the screenshot). However since this is already used for Revenue, I advice you to use a seperate GL for this purpose. You may be required to tweak transfer +/- settings in KE4I. However this shouldnt be any issue as the same can be manage in KER1 (key figure schema defination), using appropriate formula

For the other GL 4567 (GL 300007), either use B/S GL Account or CE = 1 or P/L GL with no CE.

Hope it helps

Regards

Mustafa

former_member245440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks you,

But my case its transfer cost (Rev) (300007) how to i will treat as a B/s g/l and in case i will take the P& L  for same g/l with CE =1 its trigged error messages in billing document its applicable only a/c based COPA with CE =1  ( its not accounting based COPA , ).we are using  costing based copa. And I have already selected Check Box +/-  in  KE4i.

Regards

Reddyrrreddyr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

With CE = 1, you will need to define a cost object either in CE master data or in OKB9 or via substitutions.

A seperate B/S GL you can assign in VKOA under provision column. I am not sure if I understood issue around this.

Regards

Mustafa

former_member245440
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for ur response quickly.

My question

In Provisional column  VKOA setting i will take the B/s.there is a no issue.

But my case its a transfer cost how to treat as a B/S item.

I think above ur comments , you are updated Provisional column  u take P&l g/l or balance sheet G/l with 11 or 12 its not updated in COPA reports. AM i Correct

Better i run this t.code KEAT  KE4ST. In KE4ST t.code the value field is nullified. and i am updating th e KE4ST t.code .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

If its a P/L item, a Cost item, it should never be a B/S Item. It should be a P/L Item, however my proposal then would be to:

1) Do not create corresponding Cost element for this GL OR

2) Create Cost Element but with CE Category 1

Secondly 300006 account wihch is mapped against ZTRC condition type should be a CE with CE category 12. This is specifically mentioned in the SAP Note provided earlier. Since this GL is already mapped, I would advice to use a seperate GL maybe 300008 for this reason.

Please try these and let us know

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Check in KEAT, where the values are flowing. As per my understanding of your statement "my revunue is 10 rs with value filed", I believe this value field is updated with net value of 10 (-11 + 1) and therefore not flowing to NMR field. I guess KEAT will give you a proper idea on this.

Check and let us know

Regards

Mustafa