cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Tile List (Selected) Row Styles in Agentry on the WPF Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to change the way rows (especially the selected row) looks in the Agentry WPF Client (SMP 2.3 SP2). I already tried the following approaches without any effect:

• Change the styles of the "Tile List View" field (Rows, Alternate Rows, Highlight Rows, Selected Rows)
  • Change the style of the Row / Selected Screen Set Platform (Detail Screen Styles / Screen)
  • Change the style of the Row / Selected Screen Set Screen (Detail Screen Styles / Screen)
  • Set the Background Image of the Row / Selected Screen with "Fields cover images" both checked and unchecked

Am I missing something here or is this not supported by the SMP 2.3 WPF client?

Btw., when using Single Click Actions for the tiles, there will never be a row selected, which kind of changes the way tile list views look, but unfortunately, it also changes the way they behave (you cannot refere to a "selected row" anymore). See .

Regards, Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, this seems to be a known issue. Style support for List Tile Views is very limited in the current WPF Client. Lets hope the best for future releases!

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you simply trying to change the selected row background color or the look and feel of the fields in the selected tile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First one, then the other.

Seriously, what I want is control over the looks of the application. It is very unpleasant, to say the least, if you have to tell your customers, that you cannot change the backgroud colors, you cannot change the font size of certain fields (like the quick search in list tile views, drop down boxes, list screens (used in the workmanager for sap )), you cannot change the default column width of the CT Search Dialog... the list goes on...

If you got any idea on this (or any other problem I mentioned above), I would be happy to get your input...

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Currently for SMP 2.3 and below (including Agentry 6.1 and 6.0.X) the WPF needs the Agentry style hierarchical style control to be designed. This is the feature that is needed to be implemented so that the Agentry WPF client to support style designs like the old Agentry Windows Win32 client. The WPF is a different client compared to the Win32. It is not the same client.

For record keeping keep track of:

AGS-1305 for feature request: AG-13364 and AG-19808 (This our the internal request to support it).

The delivery of the feature is TBD.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to the next release of the WPF Client.

Regards, Daniel

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update 4/4/2014: AGS-1305 WPF feature voted up and increase in priority for development to produce it (up in the spreadsheet rankings).

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update: SMP 3.0 will have more of the WPF styles added.

• Styles are complicated and needs to be planned properly
  • Due to additional control needs to be built with higher priority before the styles can be fully supported (changing color background, changing tab color, list control style) is targeted in Q4 2014 time frame.
  • These newer features is going to be for SMP 3.0 and higher as SMP 2.3 and lower (Agentry 6.0.X) are in maintenance release at this point (no more features)
    • Main recommendation is an upgrade to SMP 3.0 for newer features
  • Example of WPF features coming out which will help your teams design 
    • Windows Command does not work on WPF
    • Complex Table Tree Control in WPF
    • Both targeted August 2014 SMP 3.0 SP04 or SMP SDK SP05

Note: All time listed herein may be subject to change without prior notice hence the keyword "targeted"

Hope this helps you Daniel.  Just want to give you heads up on our discussion a few months ago. This may help you in implementation phase or scheduling.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Senior Support Engineer (mobility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the update. Can you say something on the current status of SMP 3.0 (it is still in ramp up I believe)?

Regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

SMP 3.0 went into General Availability just over a week ago.  There are also trials of the 3.0 GA product available here through the SAP Mobile Developer Centre.

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the information, I did a quick search before but it seems I used the wrong search phrases.

At the risk of repeating myself () and/or showing that I am pretty new to the world of SAP... is there any way of getting notified when new releases are available?

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I don't think there is an "easy" way, other than subscribing to various newsletters through sap.com and here on SCN, as well as generally keeping an eye on content that is released here on SCN.

To highlight how hard it is to find useful content, I know that I saw a whole raft of articles and announcements about SMP 3.0 GA, which I tried to find to add to my answer here for you.  I now can't find any of them!

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least, I am not alone with this... (though I would have preferred the "look here, this is the easy way" reply)... anyway, thanks again.

Daniel

Answers (0)