Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Import doesn't work - Buffer?

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we're having a problem in one of our tracks (DEV - QAS - PrePRD - PRD). It seems to occur randomly but pretty often.

ChaRM works fine until we want to import the change in PrePRD (or sometimes PRD).

Then an error occurs, which says that "the transport is not marked for import in PRD", even though we are trying to import in PrePRD.

ChaRM won't go on. The only way we found to get the Change further, is to enable the Import via STMS and do so.

The big problem i have with this error, is that i can't find the cause.

But i found one possible indication. Each transport of any Change where this error occurs is automatically deleted from the buffer for Importqueue PrePRD. But in STMS it shows up and the import works fine manually.

Can anyone give my a hint of how to solve this? Am i on the right way that this delete of the buffer might be the cause? If so, how do I change this?

I'd appreciate any help.

Regards

Thorben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i was just checking my SCN Profile and noticed this post.

Our workaround was to open SMSY, go to the product system and refresh the buffer.

We opened a ticket and SAP Support hasn't found the source yet. Fortunatly, it doesn't occur anymore (until now).

Furthermore we found two (older) notes that deal with this problem which i would like to share:

1546452 - ChaRM: refresh buffered and obsolete transport data

1843985 - ChaRM: incorrect transport request type is read from /TMWFLOW/REP_DATA_READ

Regards,

Thorben

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorben,

Can you please check what type of Task list assigned to your projects

There is two types :

• SAP0 SAP Delivery Variant for Task List in Task Plan  Transport Request Remains in Import Buffer after Import
  • SAP1 SAP Delivery Variant with Deletion of Import Buffer D Delete Transport Request from Import Buffer after Import

May be you've created with wrong variant.

Rg Dan

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

we are using ChaRM since december and the error occurs since 2 weeks. We haven't changed the plan, its SAP0.

Any furher tips?

Thorben

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thor,

pls refer this links i don't now weather it will help you are not..for similar scenario,

Regards

Nayeem

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

thank you, but this doesn't help me. We are already running ChaRM since December, and this only occurs since 2 weeks. Nobody has changed anything, at least that's what they say.

I think my indication was wrong, other transports also have this message and the import works fine.

Regards

Nayeem