Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana AND Sybase IQ

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there

Not sure if this is the right place where to post this question, but anyway. I'm well familiar with both technologies and have smth like 5+ years experience with IQ and a bit more than year with Hana. I read somewhere or saw the presentation that SAP is going to develop DWH solution where these 2 technologies will be merged as single one: HANA will take care of real time data and let's say 3 month roll-back of DWH data and IQ will store rest of data history, if my memory serves me well then this technology is being called Extended tables of Hana.

Question: is there a documentation available which describes this process more in details, or even architectural approach etc?

I understand that in future this is gonna be implemented in hana with few clicks, but at the moment i believe that extra supervision is needed, in case if it's possible at all!

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Please find the below text from the documentation:

Description

The CREATE EXTENDED STORAGE statement defines an external Sybase IQ database connection for the SAP HANA database. The Sybase IQ database will automatically be used to transparently archive and query data stored in extended tables. Only database users having the system privilege CREATE SOURCE or DATA ADMIN are allowed to create extended storage.

Note: You need to create a extended storage configuration:

You can create an extended table on extended storage

CREATE TABLE T (C1 INT PRIMARY KEY, C2 DATE) USING EXTENDED STORAGE;  

You can create an delta-enabled extended table on extended storage

CREATE TABLE T (C1 INT PRIMARY KEY, C2 DATE) USING EXTENDED STORAGE ENABLE DELTA  

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos